Age of Empires IV

@Satoru said:

• The game isn’t coming out this year otherwise they’d have a release date for it
  • Its likely in production but I wouldn’t be expecting any big flashy announcements until maybe E3 next year.

You’re probably right but I belive the game will be released within a year or so, taking into consideration the size of a publisher. At least that’s what I’m hoping for. :wink: E3 sounds likely.

If i was not in the hospital atm, pumped up on drugs, i would be posting so much more bc I am so hyped atm, for this and AoE:DE, but well ill shut up now, before i let the drugs get me in trouble.

@rhrmn said:

@“Andy P” said:
My stars and garters!

I know right? The end of AoE IV speculation threads is on the horizon!

And the beginning of aoe5 speculation threads xD

@Raw1812 said:

@rhrmn said:

@“Andy P” said:
My stars and garters!

I know right? The end of AoE IV speculation threads is on the horizon!

And the beginning of aoe5 speculation threads xD

Here we go with the Artbook thing :smiley:

ty for this

i cant believe :open_mouth:

@KingDarBoja said:

@CagierNebula24 said:
I keep seeing references to AOE-II DE and AOE-3 DE… are those a thing?

Or is that just speculation?

Oh, and I wish AOE-4 was AOM-2. If this moves into the future it looses it’s brand integrity. How well did ‘new coke’ work out?

Yes, Official things announced at the end of the event but before the big reveal of AOE IV.

Ok, but how on earth are they going to improve the graphics in AOE-3? Game looks perfect already. I have never seen water as beautiful as in AOE-3.

AOE DE, along with II and III DE, are all being made to revive and grow the AOE fanbase in preparation for AOE IV.

They will make IV a guaranteed hit.

Now it all makes sense!!!

I don’t know what to say.

@CagierNebula24 said:

Ok, but how on earth are they going to improve the graphics in AOE-3? Game looks perfect already. I have never seen water as beautiful as in AOE-3.

Lots of new models and textures. The water is definitely pretty.

I can’t imagine what they’d do to the soundtrack though, it’s already orchestrated. It would be nice if it was longer-- I’ve listened to it hundreds of times.

@Jmalpica said:
Best news of the day!!!

Of the day? Of the YEAR for sure!

I want to ask just for 1 thing. Please, please don’t make it in WWI-WWII ages. It won’t be Age of Empires. I really hope that you will make it exactly as was shown in the trailer: from ancient times to somewhere around AoE III era. Make the ultimate Age of Empires game!

1600s-1800s maybe? :S

@Dyoku1714 said:
1600s-1800s maybe? :S

No that already done, AoE:III

I must admit the trailer seems to imply AoE4 is the era after AoE3. But I am suspicious that would be the case. I’m also totally biased. I love ancient stuff far more than guns and junk like that.

:o :o :o Can’t wait to see more trilers!!! And… a date of release… :wink:

Choo Choo All Aboard the Hype train

@kigbariom said:
Judging by the images in the trailer, it looks like the game might span up until the Edo period of Japan, so early 1800s. That’s perfect IMO, I wouldn’t want the game to go full into modern technology like EE or RoN. Very excited!!!

Those are cuts from AoE3! I think it’s likely that it moves past that period into the late 1800/early 1900s.

@Navhkrin said:
Never jumped on hype train as fast before

Choo Choo! All aboard!!

hahaha @Torgrimmer I mean the date for " somewhere around AoE III era" in the upper comment, but yea that’s the time for AOE 3
I hope that DE bring us more info!!