"Age of Empires" Needs THE EMPIRE: Awe-Inspiring Architecture Transformation & Civ Concept for the Turks/ Ottoman Empire (with BEASTLY Mega Bombards) - NEW! Updated Nov 19th

Some great ideas in this thread, pity this concept can’t be finished.

the second i read the first part of why is this civ unique i was like… NOW THATS HOW U PRESENT A CIV, GIVE IT TO ME NOW!
it was my fav from aoe3DE!

4 Likes

Not before Byzantines.

Hagia Sophia is Byzantine architecture

4 Likes

Can confirm.

" Byzantine Emperor Constantius commissioned construction of the first Hagia Sophia in 360 A.D. At the time of the first church’s construction, Istanbul was known as Constantinople, taking its name from Constantius’ father, Constantine I, the first ruler of the Byzantine Empire."

1 Like

That’s most definitely true.
But where is Hagia Sophia mentioned in the OP? It’s not.

1 Like

You’re right he never claimed the “8th Wonder of the World” was built by Turks - it’s located in Istanbul of course.
But he did put forward a suggestion for the Byzantines civ to have this “Age 3 wonder” bonus.

You had me till no.7 a single vill kills a wolf and a uniqe animal unit is interesting but we don’t see the rus getting war bears so.

All Turkish architecture is a copy of Byzantine/Persian architecture. THE Empire is Byzantine Empire, nobody ever held Ottoman Sultan in the same high regard, not even Muslims.

2 Likes

What an Incredibly entertaining and enlightening post!! Much love! <3 I certainly learnt a lot!
Much respect to the OP.

4 Likes

He means point no. 7 in the OP, about being able to tame wolves. You did misunderstand.

1 Like

Agreed. I’m compelled to say, this is doubt-free the best topic OP in the entire AoE forum. I’m still learning when I come back here, so many gameplay leaps. Architecture section is a treasure trove.

This talented, scholarly OP has nothing but polite, gracious, entertaining language (result, he got permanent banned from AoE). Respect.

Was this sarcasm ?
[20 char]

1 Like

…unfortunately not, but I wish.

2 Likes

My last post? Not at all.
If you know a more creative, well-researched post than this (esp about a non-typical-western civ) anywhere on the forum, please by all means, be so generous as to share. It’s Xmas, after all. :santa: :evergreen_tree:

You seem like @Vinifrss now. You talk the same way, and are active on the same kind of posts. Maybe it’s time this topic got closed.

5 Likes

Nooo! Me playing Europa Universalis 4 with the Byzantines to restore the Roman Empire… Initial game screen goes
"Loading… please wait.
The Ottoman Empire is the strongest power in the game."
I’m like, wat? Fuuuuuuuuuuk…
Soon, savescumming and trauma began for me.

5 Likes

This is one scary meme… why November 11, 1444 at the end?

That’s the date of the great Battle of Varna.

The Ottoman Empire alone, rekt many of the strongest Euro nations all at the same time, Poland + Hungary + Bulgaria + Croatia + Bohemia / HRE + Wallachia + Serbia + Italians + Teutonic Knights + French + Bosnia.

Bulgaria had been considered a top military powerhouse for centuries, it had so many victories against many nations, Bulgaria was considered an Empire in the crowded, competitive Balkans region.

The Bulgarian Empire outright dematerialized that very date in 1444.

And by rekt you mean they almost lost the battle in which they had army 3 times bigger then Polish-Hungarian one.

3 Likes