Age of Mythology Patch 2.7 Preview (Discussion)

How is this patch? Is it really only 6.5 MBs?

1 Like

Much love to both the community and the people involved in patching EE.

Upd: read post by Lowkae:

Tyvm for the clarification.

It appears all known to me animations bugs have been fixed (I wonder if there is a reason to use Hagrit’s and Callistonian’s patches). Huge respect for this.

For me, the only important single player fix left to be done is ambient sounds.

Cheers!

3 Likes

I don’t think going back to ES balance is very valid feedback at this point, seeing as balance has already been including the stuff I’m linking for 3 years on EE. https://www.forgottenempires.net/aom/changelog

5 Likes

I think this is a great step forward. But probably, the most important thing would be improving the performance for lower spec computers even more and make the experience a little bit more smoother.
I’d also say that improving the multiplayer Client with the possibility to have party matchmaking would be fantastic.

There is a small visual bug in the multiplayer client concerning the way the columns that contain all the online client content appear anyways. That happens on the top part of the columns when you start searching for a quick rated match.

2 Likes

OT but, in the italian version, the “Immortal” units are still called “Immortalw” rather than “Immortale”. Can someone fix that, please?

3 Likes

Some balance suggestions for Chinese Civilization coming from Chinese main with 1000+ in-game hours:

My suggestions are separated into two sections, the first section changes are minor but that makes the chinese gods more balanced and interesting. The second sections are major changes, but also important to consider that contributes to a more interesting gameplay. Each of these changes is followed by an careful explanation and comparison with available techs from the original game.

Section 1: Minor Balancing Changes

• Make Fuxi start with 5 favor and reduce Domestication Tech research time from 40s to 20s. This gives a more interesting build order to Fuxi.
  • Double amount of goats created from Fuxi archaic GP Year of Goat. The current quantity and bonus is too low compared to Gaia Forest and Dwarven Mine. Dwarves mine on Archaic = 500 gold + faster gathering rate, Year of Goat = 3 goats (around 300 food with no gather bonus).
  • Increase Building speed bonus from Imperial Examination god power from 40% to 80%. Currently, Imperial Examination is too weak for an Heroic GP.
  • Increase Timber Harvest bonus by 10%. Wood is less important resource compared to gold, making this GP less useful than Prosperity and Rain.
  • Reduce Immortals train time in Town Center from 9 seconds to 6 seconds. It takes 9 seconds to train Jason, Ajax or Therseus, immortals are weaker. It takes double TC time to train 4 immortals (36 seconds) than Jason and Odysseus (18 seconds).
  • Reduce Fire Lance and Bogsveigir base training time from 15 seconds to 9s or 12s. Compared to Chariot Archers (6s), Jarl (9s), Destroyer (10s) it takes too long to train these units.
  • Reduce Myrmidon, Gastraphetes and Hetairoi train time from 14 seconds to 12s.
  • Dragon Scales tech from Aokuang give +15% Pierce armor to human units instead of 10% Hack armor. This tech is super expensive, and it’s the only significant tech for Aokuang, and it is quite expensive (300 gold + 25 favor) Compare it to Volcanic Forge from Leto which benefits units, ships and heroes is less expensive.
  • Make Immortals trainable from Castles (the equivalent of Greeks training Heroes from fortress).
  • Make Houyi’s Bow tech cheaper or give range bonus for it. It is way too expensive (cost more than Enyo’s Bow of Horror). Suggestion: +10% attack and +2 range to archer units.
  • Make Stone Armor tech more useful, again, too expensive for bonuses that it gives (double damage upon death 15 pierce to 30 pierce). Suggestion: Double damage upon death, double resources payback upon death, +20% pierce armor.
  • Make Five Grains cheaper: 100 wood 10 favor, or give some farming bonuses +10% farming rate. It is more expensive than the Shaduf tech and also weaker bonuses. The research only pays off after making 15 farms - not to mention that one can upgrade eco instead of spending resources in this tech.
  • Reduce House Altar cost to 100f 100w 100g 5favor.

Section 2: Visual Changes

• Create some sort of visual effect that makes inferno GP more obvious. Something similar to fireball explosion visual. It is hard to figure out what is happening.
  • Change Vermilion Bird attack visual effect (make it drop small fireballs that forms small tornadoes for players to see better where it is attacking).
  • Create a different visuals for Champion Chinese units, they looks exactly the same as Heavy units, save to the yellow colored armor which looks a bit unrealistic.
  • Create a distinct visual for Shennong Firelance and Sitting Tigers.

Section 3: Major Changes
Swap minor gods for each chinese civilization:

• Change and Sun Wukong for Fuxi on classical (Huangdi farm is useless since farms are 20% cheaper, and Change Immortal Regeneration tech fits an aggressive 8 immortals rush on classical more effective).
  • Change and Huangdi for Nuwa
  • Huangdi and Sun Wukong for Shennong. (Huangdi tech + timber harvest combo)
  • Gong dabo and Hebo for Shennong. (It makes more sense to have monks upgrade)
  • Gong dabo and Zhongkui for Nuwa.
  • Zhongkui and Hebo for Fuxi (these gods fits better the aggressive gameplay)
  • Mythic Age gods remain the same.

Thanks for attention, I am looking forward for community opinion on my balancing suggestions.
From the last balanced extended edition competitions, chinese civ seems to be a bit over-nerfed without a significant strategy. With few players picking them and from these who play chinese them lose way more than win.

4 Likes

I use traditional chinese language,When do you solve the garbled Chinese launcher?

1 Like

Hi I can’t believe there’s an incoming patch. I don’t remember my past suggestions right now but please:

• :fox_face: Make physicians be available to train at temple.
  • :fox_face: Make the Chinese horses cost at least 2 pop.
3 Likes

I do not have play in window checked it is indeed disabled.

1 Like

About balance of the game I think Microsoft should emulate the voobly balance patch 3.0 so then noone will complain and many voobly players will play in steam too

3 Likes

voobly actually took a ton of balance changes from hagrit’s balance mod(which is this new patch) some of the people who have worked on voobly maps/changes also worked on this patch. I’d say the maps are currently better than on voobly even

3 Likes

Can you please fix this UI glitch when you do a Quick Search game? It looks really sloppy.

5 Likes

Bogsveigir is not propably changed to Infantry line as you can see in the tooltips

2 Likes

What are you referring to?

2 Likes

Hades must be a top god cuz he’s not receiving any buffs but Poseidon is.

Also Chinese horse explorers still 1 pop?

1 Like

I found something pretty minor while playing through Fall of the Trident, one of the mission cutscenes are bugged in “Beneath the Surface”. A death sound during the end cinematic plays after Arkantos uttered the line “No” (In the original the death sound played first then the line). In other words the timing is off. It is a minor thing but it is an unintended issue that I stumbled upon (not sure if it was introduced in this patch though but i’m pretty sure it was.) I’m unsure how to feel about the balance changes currently as I have not delved into multiplayer with them yet.

I’m happy to see that some effects are back and seem to work as intended (like the fire during the forest fire god power finally displaying and working as intended thanks for that).

Some Campaign effects are still broken however (the light beam during the end cinematic for example, the lack of glowing Eyes on Athena etc.)

Overall though, I Think this patch is a decent starting Point for renewed support for this title. (hopefully)

2 Likes

Untitled
I mean in the in-game help, Bogsveigir is still considered archer. However, this unit properly benefit from infantry line upgrade as the patch mentions. This is merely a displaying issue, but all I want is the perfection for the game :grin:

2 Likes

The bug still exists with the cyclone power! Not disappear after time’s up!

4 Likes

Walking Woods units should have their unit AI type changed back to HandCombative. Changing it to Ram was a big part of what broke the god power since the expansion patches. Ram units will only auto-attack buildings. I’m not a fan of making them commandable either, but changing their AI back is important either way. If they’re staying commandable, they should have their default stance removed so they use the user’s preference like every other unit. I’d prefer it if they went back to how they originally were but with the defensive stance, which was the only change needed to prevent them running all over the map.

4 Likes

Bosveigir is still an archer. The only change is to the techs that upgrade it. It’s still affected in all the other same ways as other archers.

3 Likes