Age of Mythology Patch 2.7 Preview (Discussion)

I’m very happy for the changes; but the most important thing is definitely a performance boost. This game runs like a penguin on lava! Especially longer games, where it straight up just crashes at times.

The balance changes are not a big deal because we can mod our own balance for single player and local; while multiplayer is simply broken in Steam due to the performance issues.

I can’t wait for a definite edition; with better visuals and performance.

3 Likes

AoM and AoE4 have different developers. They don’t affect each other.

4 Likes

this patch destroyed the monks, i think they are almost useless now they are totally useless, and what they did to cronos it is very op! Hades should have a bonus damage to arrow ships since he is weaker in water maps and good with archers and arrow buildings. Perseus do not petrify flying units. criosphinx upgrade says increase atk and hp but actualy increases only hp.

2 Likes

I used to get these Glitches before as well. See Meteor God Power. When it hits the ground or Water, it turns black and makes these weird choppy orb around it. Looks like some texture is missing or some sort of graphical glitch. I saw some AOM Streams online and this problem doesn’t happens in their game. Is something wrong with the game or my Computer?
Also, breath from Frost Giant only solidifies the unit and doesn’t Snows up around it, like it should.
This happens everywhere, In cinematics, gameplay, Editor.

3 Likes

a aceleração do fu xi em torre e castelo ficou mais cara ao inves de mais barato,algumas coisas não mensionadas: reinforce não funciona mais no general, chu ko nu atira uma unica flecha, cinco grãos tem efeito reduzido no fuxi 42> correto= 37 , Geyser é muito ruim e fraco,salamandra tambem taipa é horrivel muito caro e só aumenta 10% hp das construçoes hades é 25% arredondado pra cima,criosfinge diz que aumenta o ataque e vida mas aumenta só a vida, escrita em ossos é muito cara.

2 Likes

the acceleration of fu xi in tower and castle became more expensive instead of cheaper, some unmentioned things: reinforce no longer works in general, chu ko nu shoots a single arrow, five grains has reduced effect on fuxi 42> correct = 37 Geyser is very bad and weak, salamander also mud is horrible very expensive and only increases 10% hp from buildings hades is 25% rounded up, cryospinx says increases attack and life but only increases life, written in bones is very face.

https://translate.google.co.in

2 Likes

the acceleration of fu xi in tower and castle became more expensive instead of cheaper, some unmentioned things: reinforce no longer works in general, chu ko nu shoots a single arrow, five grains has reduced effect on fuxi 42> correct = 37 Geyser is very bad and weak, salamander is weak and slow also taipa is horrible very expensive and only increases 10% hp from buildings hades is 25% rounded up, cryospinx says increases attack and life but only increases life, written in bones is very expensive, wood harvest can be better cause 50% of the time are choping down trees and walking instead of colecting wood, year of the goat can be better too.thanks

2 Likes

criosphinx upgrade says increase atk and hp but actualy increases only hp.

The upgrade does increase their attack as well as HP. You can see exactly what it does in the techtree file if you’re interested.

2 Likes

True i don have cheked.thanks

1 Like

Feedback from someone who plays AoM only solo:

• Lag is still present when scrolling, and when looking at busy water areas (may have to do with the advanced water reflections setting). I’m running an nVidia/Asus GeForce GTX 1060 (3 GB version) card with the latest drivers on an Intel i7-7700 processor, that’s just not acceptable for a 2002 codebase even with the artificially added DirectX 10 :stuck_out_tongue:
  • When transitioning to a new age, there’s about 1 second of freezing still, even when not looking at the affected faction’s buildings. Same issue as 17 years ago, I don’t know what the MP crowd thinks of that.
  • When a statue from (at least?) a Town Center leaves the line of sight and enters the fog of war, there is a chance it will change to an Isis statue in particular until it is fully visible again. The main structure is not affected by this superstrange glitch.
  • The options menu could still use some settings like brightness.
  • (Minor) When ducking to reload, the Chu Ko Nu unit shows a transparent neck when seen from the back (tutorial video shows it best)
  • (Minor but still a pet peeve) - the hero “flag” for groups, at least in the Chinese UI, is too bright compared to the others.
  • Remove DRM pls!
2 Likes

Cool stuff! Some thoughts I have for the new patch. These are the biggest things in my opinion. Mainly performance issues with the major balance problems. Some of these I noticed already on the list, but I’ll add them on my list anyway for support of it.

-Chinese transport ship teleporting units anywhere on the map with LOS glitch
-I would like to see the team ranked games become more popular by being able to pick your teammates.
-Being able to host a rated game and pick your opponent. This will help higher ranked players find games faster than waiting 30+ minutes
-Bring back “most used god” in the ranked ladder from ESO days
-When hosting games, have a clickable option for a rating restriction so beginner or expert players can’t join certain rooms. This will help beginner players enjoy playing/exploring the game instead of getting destroyed 7 minutes into the game.
-Desync bug during rated games causing both players to lose rank
-Goldmine spawns need to be further out so booming gods don’t have such a huge advantage
-Fish and hunt spawns need to be fair. For example, on Midgard one player gets 4-6 fish right near their tc and the other gets 1-2 with the other 4-5 spots being much further away. For hunt, sometimes it will spawn surrounded by trees or on a mountain.
-Have mercenaries cost population instead of reducing their time. Being able to attack and defend in 2 different locations can be overwhelming to any other civilization
-Make siege unable to garrison inside a roc
-Have roc, levianthan, and transport ship vulnerable to bolt and traitor when they’re empty

2 Likes

It’s good to see lots of the data file errors fixed, although there are still many left. Here are some of the main mistakes that still haven’t been fixed:

• Centaur and Mountain Giant are missing a death sound. Centaur is also missing an acknowledge sound for attacking.
  • The descriptions for Regicide and Old Atlantis don’t match how the maps actually are.
  • Citadel Center can’t garrison all the same units as Town Center.
  • Some heroes and myth units can use their special attacks on Citizen Heroes even though heroes are supposed to be immune. You should make use of the LogicalTypeAbstractVillNotHero tag (which also needs adding to villagers).
  • The following units don’t have the proto tag LogicalTypeNonGreekUnit, which gives Myrmidons their bonus: Axeman, Bondi, Servant Chinese, Skraeling and Throwing Axeman.
  • A number of campaign heroes are missing the Hero Death effect.
  • Carnivora (Water) and Sea Snake are tagged as LandMilitary instead of NavalMilitary. Nereid is tagged as both.
  • Chiron and Hippolyta now deal bonus damage to Nidhogg but Odysseus does not.
  • Sea Snake can now attack land myth units but no other land units.
  • Villager Chinese Dead Replacement, Terracotta Soldier Dead Replacement, Fire Lance Projectile, Tsunami Range Indicator, Big Splash and Servant Chinese have been given new display name ID language strings in this patch that do not exist. Ulfsark Starting also has the same issue for its editor name.
  • Cataphract bonus damage has been reduced for all Norse infantry except Hero of Ragnarok.

There are also some inconsistencies between your patch notes and the changes made. I don’t know if the mistake is in the change or the note.

Monk conversion rate increased by 20% .

• It seems like it’s actually been decreased by 20% and just for human soldiers.

Frost God Power no longer affects Immortals.

• Frost now does affect Immortals, which is the correct change.

Reduced the health of Fortified Wall technology from +500 +300 hp .

• It was actually reduced from 600.

Focus: Now increases the Oracle (Hero) Hack attack bonus from 0% → 20% , their health bonus from 0% → 15% , and their movement speed bonus from 0% → 20% .

• The speed increase already existed. There is no new change to speed.

Monks: Increased the base Convert time on human soldiers from 6 11 seconds, the minimum Convert time from 6 9 seconds

• The base conversion time has been increased to 10, the minimum has been increased to 11, and the maximum has been increased from 10 to 11.

Bolt: Reduced the bonus damage dealt to the Son of Osiris from +2% → =3% .

• It’s increased not reduced. (Also the = instead of + :P)
  • All the notes on damage bonuses are inconsistent. Sometimes they’re written as if a value of 2.0 is a 100% bonus (double) or a 200% bonus (and similarly with the scales used for other numbers). I don’t know which is correct or if some of the values have been calculated incorrectly because of that.
  • Also, the garrison and cost changes to Citadel Center have been listed under Greeks despite being an Egyptian God Power.

There are also quite a few changes made in the patch that aren’t listed in the patch notes, which don’t fall under the general minor changes notes. These are the main ones:

• Fire Lance Shennong and Sitting Tiger Shennong now have history files.
  • Updated descriptions for techs, relics and Major God bonuses altered in previous patches.
  • Fixed some hotkeys.
  • Fixed relic animations for Danzhu (and added unnecessary for code for attacking with relic), Immortal, Monk, Regent and Zhi.
  • Nereid now benefits from Mythic Rejuvenation.
  • Fire Lance now deals bonus damage to Arcus Hero and Turma Hero.
  • Updated tech tree costs for patches and expansion.
  • Docks can now attack Azure Dragon and War Salamander.
  • Chinese Gates can now research Stone Wall.
  • All soldiers and trade caravans can now garrison in Castle, Fortress, Hill Fort, Migdol Stronghold and Palace.
  • Added Norse Favor yield to Phoenix, Sphinx, Stymphalian Bird, Vermilion Bird and War Salamander.
  • Odysseus now uses the correct unit AI type.
  • Throwing Axeman now deals bonus damage to Khopesh and starting Ulfsark.
  • Myrmidon now deals bonus damage to Bogsveigir, Immortal, Monk and Priest.
  • Second Pharaoh now has the same range as the original Pharaoh.
  • All applicable units can now enter a Sky Passage.
  • Tusk of the Iron Boar relic now affects Contarius Hero.
  • Fixed Atef Crown.
  • Thundercloud Shawl relic now affects Oracle Hero.
  • Crenellations now affects Contarius Hero.
  • Improved some random map scripts.
  • Bite of the Shark, Volcanic Forge and Weightless Mace can now be researched at the Armory.
  • Golden Apples can now be researched at the Temple.
  • Safeguard can now be researched at towers.
  • Egyptian Fishing Ships are now longer needed for conquest victory.
  • Increased Citadel Center accuracy.
  • Increased Arcus Hero LOS.
  • Increased Katapeltes Hero bonus damage against siege weapons.
  • Removed Mirror Tower melee attack.
  • Peasants now gather gold from jade mines at the same rate as gold mines.
  • Reduced Fire Lance speed.
  • General can no longer be turned into a Minion.
  • Fire Lance now benefits from Copper/Bronze/Iron Weapons.
  • The Argo now benefits from Burning Pitch.
  • Bow of Artemis, Toothed Arrows and Trios Bow relics now affect Fire Lance.
6 Likes

Could we also get some fixes plaguing the Chinese faction, they have a broken animation for the female villagers collecting resources and both Male and female villagers have bugged arrows when shooting hunt, their wonders and castles dont have progressively building structure models, their titan spawns out side the titan gate for a split second before doing the climbing annimation, the wheels on the sitting tigers and the onager grow and shrink whilst moving, their fire ship has no launch point set for where its projectiles come from, their transport ships flags dont follow the debris when destroyed,essentially showing wierd floating flags, their max age guard towers have a different annimation for their texture while firing and all their units dont have decay animations, or have bugged death animations like the war chariot or the vermilion bird, please attempt to fix these bugs

2 Likes

Could we also get some fixes plaguing the Chinese faction, they have a broken animation for the female villagers collecting resources and both Male and female villagers have bugged arrows when shooting hunt, their wonders and castles dont have progressively building structure models, their titan spawns out side the titan gate for a split second before doing the climbing annimation, the wheels on the sitting tigers grow and shrink whilst moving, their fire ship has no launch point set for where its projectiles come from, their transport ships flags dont follow the debris when destroyed,essentially showing wierd floating flags, their max age guard towers have a different annimation for their texture while firing and all their units dont have decay animations, or have bugged death animations like the war chariot or the vermilion bird, please attempt to fix these bugs

2 Likes
  • Chiron and Hippolyta now deal bonus damage to Nidhogg but Odysseus does not.
    this is done on purpose since oddy has not much of a problem with nidhogg compared to hippo and chiron(and overall just how the matchup plays out)
2 Likes

This one is DM only.

Great post, will make sure the devs see this.

2 Likes

I have no idea how I managed to do this, but I caught a peasant trying to gather meat from a pig which was already so used up that there was no corpse left.

3 Likes

Thanks for this huge patch. There’s a frustrating game-ending bug with an easy consistent repro that would be great to fix. Each time a spider lure is triggered in sudden death mode, it starts the endgame countdown timer.

I’ve got a savegame right before the behaviour is triggered so it’s easy to see:

Note how the endgame countdown gets triggered even though the player has town centres.
This bug has existed in all versions of the extended edition game I’m aware of (but not the original AOM I don’t think). It makes sudden death mode unplayable on random mode - you need to make sure no-one has the god with that power.

Thanks for all the hard work

4 Likes

Thanks a lot for the new patch!

Is there any way add you can add option to set the display refresh rate in the game? It seems to force 60Hz if I enable full screen mode (which seems to be necessary to use Freesync/Gsync and further reduce stuttering). I can force the game to use my monitor’s refresh rate(240Hz) by adding

renderRefresh(240)

to game.con, but I think it would be better if the game had an option in the UI to set this instead of using always using 60Hz.

Thanks again for the recent improvements!

3 Likes

More, because I’m making the most of this weekend…

• Berry bushes are still present (without any fading effect) for 1 second after they are depleted (almost made me think gatherers are glitching out and going for the next bush)
  • Chinese tooltips (such as He Bo’s Geyser power) are unclear on what an object or power does
  • The information menu (encyclopaedia) does not always pause the game. In the Tales of the Dragon campaign, I’ve seen it pause the music
  • (Minor) The game could use different graphics for certain upgraded myth units, like the unused Guardian Anubite texture. Recognizability is an important feature in an RTS, at a moment’s notice I want to know in how deep trouble I am.
  • (Minor) Also the Chinese builder group flag is also bright. I’d check the texture consistency…
  • Also, I hope Nakamura’s bug spreadsheet is being looked into
3 Likes