Age of Mythology — Update 2.7

While this is currently the only planned update for the game, we still want to hear of any outstanding issues that escaped the watchful eye of Odin! If anything has been missed or overlooked, take the time to visit the forum and let us know—making sure to include as much detail as possible about how it impacts the game.

I don’t even know how to respond to this properly. No further planned updates isn’t just the worst thing you can possibly start your announcement with, but it goes completely contrary to the treatment that the other Age games are getting. Why does AoM have to be the unwanted child? This is not okay, especially considering the state the game is in right now.

The patch is nice, don’t get me wrong, but at best it’s a first step towards making AoM: EE playable. That’s as much praise as you’ll get out of anyone actively playing this.

For bugs, there are several extremely serious ones. This topic has dealt with sharing the community’s list of known issues already, so why is the messaging now sounding as though everything has been fixed? That’s just nasty.

I hope to come back here in a few weeks and see a reason that will make me want to take it all back. Treat AoM 1/4th as well as you do AoE 2 and you’ll have good community sentiment. Whatever this is, ain’t it.

Made a video with more thoughts.