Unofficial AoM:EE Bug List (Post-Beta)

Hi all,

With the help of quite a few community members (Hagrit, Flame, Ippert, Loggy, LightningStorm and others), we put together a (hopefully) complete list of current bugs and issues that are in the game. Some of the most common community requests are also included in this.

My hope with posting this list in this way is that the franchise team at Microsoft gets reminded of just how bad of a situation the game is in. As a reminder, there has been a petition asking to properly fix the game for the last 3 years. This current patching effort is a nice first step, but it’s not even remotely closing in on what the community has asked for. Please step up to the task and do better.

The bug list may be viewed on Google Sheets

If there is anything that isn’t covered in this, or is wrong, please reply here so that we can keep it updated.

6 Likes

Thanks for putting the work into this! I love when the community comes together for things like this. Makes our lives easier. I’ll make sure it passes the devs eyes.

5 Likes

Hotkey fix and _anim files fix are the most important ones for me.

Has the F6 bug been fixed yet?
In a online match, occasionally, when you press F6, everyone in the match gets kicked out.

It’s been fixed - have you seen it in the current beta?

I haven’t been able to play the game recently.
I’m relieved to know it’s been fixed. Thank you.
And thank you devs for fixing it.

Added a priority 1 issue regarding Salamander pathing - they ignore cliffs and walls when manually targeting enemies.

1 Like

Well, that looks kinda cool and should stay in the game. Just update the description for War Salamanders!

Added prio 1 issue: Game might crash on load screen, and everyone else who was in the lobby gets stuck on the load screen. Exact repro unknown, but more likely to occur in big lobbies.

In order for AoMEE to regain any population is for Microsoft to realize that tiny updates that only change balance, and a few things (that marginally improve performance and stability) aren’t going to work, and fixing AS MUCH of the bug fix list should be the goal.

Alas, MS won’t realize that anytime soon, and AoMEE will die a slow death, probably intentional, they want to deny fixes to AoMEE on the pretext of “We’re just gonna end up making an AoMDE, No point fixing AoMEE”

Added tons of issues, mostly regarding Chinese asset models. Thanks to Chickenland for sharing these issues.

1 Like

Thanks for keeping this list up to date. I’ve been trying to make note of all the bugs too. Here are some suggestions for your list:

• The game loads very slowly for me. Just booting the game up from Steam takes several minutes and it will often start minimised.
  • Units getting stuck in mines and settlements isn’t limited to multiplayer. It happens occasionally in single-player too.
  • The cause for the starting Ulfsark not having attack formations is because it’s tagged as Economic instead of Military in the proto file.
  • Icy Footprints don’t work correctly (test the “Icy Footprints” proto unit in the editor).
  • Animations for units petrified by Medusa or Perseus are worse than in the original. Same with units dissolved by Argus.
  • After turning a unit to stone, Perseus walks to where the unit was, allowing him to be attacked without fighting back while he’s travelling. Medusa and Argus don’t do this. It’s especially problematic when the unit was far away on the other side of the enemy army.
  • The custom scenario selection screen displays the file names of the scenarios. “Closer to Home” is labelled “aom_special_scenario.scn”. The menu should at least hide the file extension and then scenario files can be named how they should appear on the menu. Closer to Home should be renamed. SCN and SCX files should be differentiated somehow.
  • Allow adding new random unit names (a la Pharaohs and Hersirs). This was clearly attempted for Immortals and the failed code was just left in.
  • Allow modding of Major God bonuses such as Gaia’s Lush and Zeus’s 200 favour.
  • Add a setting for the menu background so the old backgrounds don’t go to waste. Also add a randomise option.
  • Allow scenarios to choose the Major God for Mother Nature.

“Siege Weapons with multiple projectiles will miss gates and towers”

Here is the fix for this:

Siege Ships got a 3.2X multiplier against Gates in Patch 2.1 despite of they don’t have this problem. Projectiles make dust, but they do the same damage against Gates and Walls without this multiplier.

I also fixed this: “Walking out of LOS of a TC changes the statue on the TC to the Isis texture.” and many other visual bugs in Minor Bug Fix mod.

As far as I remember this has been fixed already, but it’s missing from changelogs:
“When repairing buildings and using the restoration god power, the building may jump to 100% hp”

I thought the jump to 100% still happens?

In patch 2.6 it was easy to recreate this bug in the editor. Someone should test it again.

Ok, I tested and this bug has gone already. Patch 2.7 fixed it with many other exploits.