Age of pro scout - Delete it please

Thank god , but good ideas about how to balance the game comes from the community

Yep so are you agree with nerfing the strat?

Its not about this strat , i feel like china needs to be tunned down a little bit , they boom to fast and have the units to benefit of that boom eco in comparison to HRE that don’t benefit that much out of early boom eco

What about building horsemen to kill the scouts?

Chinese units are very weak against armour until castle.

Only mongols and French can feasibly do this as the professional scout tech is much quicker to research than dropping a stable and getting 3-4 horseman out.

they should be able to pick up sheeps as well :star_struck:

They can pick up sheep carcasses. Try it.

1 Like

uuuuh, my buddy will not be happy next weekend :sweat_smile:
thanks!

As said, there really isn’t a counter at the moment. If they go professional scouts they will grab every hunt you haven’t managed to harvest before they show up. If they were much slower there might be some counter-play to running them down with knights or horsemen - but there isn’t at the moment.

And even then, it would probably only help against people stealing the carcasses out of villager hands. I’m not convinced you’ll be sending knights and horsemen to random parts of the map in the hope the scouts turn up (knowing they can just run away if worried.)

The counter presumably is ram-rushing because they only have a few scouts and no army - but as we see FC proliferate at the top that clearly isn’t guaranteed to work. And it does feel a bit silly that you have to go Professional Scouts if you are doing any other sort of build.

If it’s RUS only viable strat, according to the devs they should nerf it. Delhi’s only viable strat Sanctity was nerfed with this reasoning.

Tell me you don’t actually play AoE4 competitively without telling me you don’t play AoE4 competitively

pro scout has no viable counterplay

scouts are dirt cheap, you can’t catch them from stealing hunts from villagers

Mongol can do pro scout + 2nd TC + Castle AND have 30-40 archers all at the same time.

2 Likes

I like the idea people mentioned here, make scouts, who carry something slow enough so spear or horseman can easily catch and attack them. So in that case if you build an early spear man and put it to your mill, it will be able to kill the scouts.

That should allow enough counterplay while not making the tech itself useless.

Bro you are more like an encloser fan rather than a disclosure fan!

1 Like

hehe yeah its the only way to stop the scouts; build deer enclosures.

Only 1, thing to say,:
Pro costs exactly 50% TC, Mill time research and village time or stables (slow). Even Vera said its overratex. I dont think is op, but as u say It needs a counters… at least reduce speed when csrryng animals seems fair

ehm no… profesional scouts should stay as they are… This is an RTS and rts games… as warctaft starcraft etc. REWARD players with better macro/ micro… who are better at multitasking… it should stay as it is. so the player who uses prof sccouts is rewardet. stop wanting to remove features just cuz u whana stay afk and play an rts

Removing sounds like a horrible idea - if it stays as prevalent, they should just reduce scout speed by 10% when carrying a deer - adding counterplay to these deer heists.

Right now the tier list is based only on how good your civ is on scouts build order, that’s mean the strat is too strong and must be nerfed.