Age Up! Episode 1 - Age of Empires

Age Up! Episode 1 - Age of Empires

Hey Age Fans! We’ve got a new series in the works for you all to enjoy, and you may have seen a glimpse of it in our livestream from Cologne. In this series we’ll be taking you back through the ages to learn more about the history behind the civilizations in Age of Empires! Take a … Continued

Read the full story here

Age of Empires IV announced ! We want to know more about it, what time period, what gameplay features, what EVERYTHING !

This episode is kind of short. I hope the next will be longer. And did you say the assyrian dalek? LOL

Hey Danicela!! It will be under Relic Ent. So … they designed DoW and Company of Heroes… will be WW1 … Im sure

These things are the main reason I play AOE Games, lovely series!

Keep the amazing work AOE Team.

I always loved to study History and one of the main reasons for that was Age of Empires. The fact that you guys are producing this series is so cool and I think will let people hyped up for the next definitive editions and AoE4!

very impressive that the Egyptians did that with the limestone, v cool

but if you build a pyramid in the game

could you put the pyramid on a ginormous primitive Lazy Susan, and use it as a giant magnifying glass to destroy enemy armies and settlements?

I love this! But please make it a few minutes longer!

@OpenBookwTeeth said:
very impressive that the Egyptians did that with the limestone, v cool

but if you build a pyramid in the game

could you put the pyramid on a ginormous primitive Lazy Susan, and use it as a giant magnifying glass to destroy enemy armies and settlements?

Ya know, I don’t think they wrote that into the code, but I like the way you think XP

Amazing - Looking forward to this!! Playing since aoe 1 and I really hope this opus will be at the same level of the preivous ones!

Are we getting one for aoe 4 too once it’s out? :smiley:

I CAN NOT WAIT!!!

great idea to have a aoe series

Cant wait for game-play!! Looking Forward xD

Loving this mini facts… Hoping it to be few minutes longer.

Looks like a nice initiative, but it really needs to be longer than that! Shows a lot of love being put into it tho :smiley:

I hope that age IV follows the AOEI and II about telling histories

Something a bit longer would be nice–not much interesting detail can be fit in the minute and half or so that the video encompasses. Hopefully stories of famous historical figures and events will follow?

Were the Assyrian Daleks contemporaneously named that or did someone from the British Museum find them pictured in a frieze and name them after Doctor Who’s greatest enemy? I assume the former but can’t find the answer online, guess I’ll have to await the next episode! (in between refreshing my inbox to see if a beta invite has arrived).

Seriously, that was awesome, but these should be full half-hour history lessons using a combination of in-game assets, pictures, art, CG renderings, fact-sheets etc… I liked the presenter. Didn’t talk to fast or slow, had just enough enthusiasm, and didn’t talk down to the viewer. I’m definitely looking forward to more.