AI behaving weirdly on reloaded game

Game version: 101.101.36906.0 4941835
Platform: Steam

Same problem here too. The AI stops playing after restoring a multiplayer game. Villagers keep obeying the latest command but don’t start anything new after that. Also, the severe lags that result to a disconnect seem to be happening only in games with the AI. Without them the game works very well.

Replay after restore: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1v88gAyBNDM4zWiUgc2-o_8IxCQpYNa0j
Seems I can only add one link in a post as a new user so I included this.

I’m Really looking forward for a fix to this since playing with friends against AI is great fun but not really possible ATM. Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Please fix this. It makes restoring matches with the AI totally pointless and it’s such a shame to waste what is a great user friendly feature (the auto save on disconnect). My friends and I enjoy playing long, epic matches against the AI but we’ve had this problem at least half a dozen times now.

1 Like

could you please also looking into the bugs of restoring multiplayer save game. the bug in this thread only happens when game is restored and a player is disconnected, AI stop responding until the disconnected player leaves (tested this probably over 30 times now).

however the game is now much worse, we can’t even get restore to countdown to start the game. game will say we have different data files or save games, or count down will cancel without any error message and can’t start it. this applies to both normal game or modded game dataset.

please have them look into it thank you.

1 Like

Just had this happen to me with the latest version. Still present it seems.

5 Likes

This happened to me multiple times, and it’s kinda disappointing. This is a feature that I would specially enjoy having and would encourage me to invest more time in this game.

Reloading a lost game to a point where there’s still a chance for a comeback, can be good for newbies that enjoy playing together because it allows to learn from mistakes and plan new strategies without having to start a whole new game every time.

3 Likes

Also having the same issue! Any idea if this will be fixed in an upcoming update?

3 Likes

I think its currently tracked if iirc in the known bug list.

1 Like

It has almost been a year, how is this bug still not fixed?

1 Like

Battle Royale modes are more important than core aspects of the game.
No joke, statistically it gets more money to Microsoft to add new game modes than to fix this thing.

3 Likes

Three of my buddies recently bought the game and we have been playing us vs the AI. We sometimes have to save the game and continue another day. After several times doing this, we noticed the AI just stops producing military and their villagers just stand around.

Can someone from development let us know if this is being looked into? Is there somewhere in particular where I can go report his bug? Its put a huge damper on us playing the game.

2 Likes

I second this. This is a MAJOR problem as my friends and I bought this game to play together vs AI. Now we cant restore a game due to the AI just giving up. This should be an easy fix I would think?

1 Like

It says it was fixed on update 40874. However, I have the latest build 101.101.43210.0 5867313. I can confirm restoring a game that myself and a friend played against AI did not fix the issue. AI just stopped creating military. Half of their villagers just stood there doing nothing. Please look into this.

To be more specific, I am referring to starting a game with a friend online, then saving the game and restoring it at a later time. AI gives up.

1 Like

I am waiting for this single, specific bug to be solved to start playing this game with friends again. Me and my friends are in the same situation than Toxicaccid.

1 Like

this is a known issue. more specifically if an auto save was created due to one player crash/drop, then AI will act this way until that player exit the game after a restoral which defeats the purpose of restoring game with all players.

imagine restorign the game with 1 player missing just to get AI to work… rofl.

1 Like

Hello. I am back again

I have tried this issue again and after 7 months it continues doing the same. In this case, I saved myself the game, not because of an disconection.

It’s a pity, it has ruined again a match with two friends. I don’t understand how this kind of issues aren’t corrected yet.

Here is the savegame and the replay:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fMC0NDupDfozaU6y0VoZHPMmVgTpfA5b

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yaQR3eXs8r0H8vYvVUaTp1sdYwr_Gb5T

3 Likes

I don’t understand how this kind of issues aren’t corrected yet.

especially as it was first reported way back in Dec 2019

2 Likes

yea this is a major problem for casual players such as ourselves. restoral should be a major function of any rts game, and it isn’t even working with base game. us modders can’t also restore saved game when playing with mods, game simply won’t start saying everybody have different files.

1 Like

Has this been resolved? Does anyone know? I was hoping the development team would have an update on this.

As of 10th September 2021, this still appears to be unresolved. Is there any progress? Word from the team, @ADragon8602 ?

1 Like