AI-generated Caucasus civs coats of arms?

What makes you think it is AI?

@Polo88kai explained it pretty well: there are some oddities with the blurriness of the designs that isn’t present with any other coat of arms, and the stud in the Georgian shield is not perfectly round, in a manner that only AI would really do. I’ve seen a lot of AI images at this point, and I’m pretty good at telling them apart from human creations.

Blurriness? Bro at this resolution this is what you get.

4 Likes

It’s the way the shading is and how the white transitions to the mahogany that does not seem human-made. It’s hard to describe.

If all civ coats are made by AI then where is the problem? That means all of them are uniform.

The other ones aren’t made by AI. That’s the thing.

I don’t quite get you. If you zoom then they also are blurry.

1 Like

There is a specific type of blurriness present in textures that are generated by AI that is not typically present otherwise. It’s hard to explain. It looks kind of like a painting and not a photograph.

I doubt it’s made by an AI, at best it’s an upscale

3 Likes

It’s just the Byzantine coat of arms, just with a symbol and color swap.

1 Like

If an AI can make a full game/mod isnt it great for concept makers to make the concept a reality faster with less hassle?

Only the inter part is blurry, but the outer metal frame is pretty sharp in comparison.

Again, I’m not suggesting it’s AI-generated, it might be AI, and might not, I just see why OP suspect.

The Blurriness can because of many reasons, one of them is that blurry images look better than sharp images when zoomed out. Considering how small those icons look in a game, it’s possible that the artists intentionally blurred them, or were just careless when photoshopping them.

It’s just upscaled with AI.

CivIcon-Georgians
CivIcon-Byzantines
If you upscale the Byzantine Icon too using AI you will get the same result.

2 Likes

Yea, I start wondering where OP got the image from in the first place, after a quick search, it seems from the AoE wiki (non-official), While the official image is something like this:

Which looks more detailed compared to OP’s image.

If OP’s images is a non-official images upscaled by not the devs or Microsoft then there’s not so much to say about it.

8 Likes

Fun fact he himself is the admin of aoe wiki :rofl:

1 Like

These were indeed created by an artist on our team. :slight_smile:

24 Likes

While I have no dog in this fight I do think the OP is beinf unfairly dogpiled again. He’s clearly not evil. Hes not breaking rules or anything so save the bullying for the bad people who deserve it

Thank goodness! I’m not a huge fan of AI. I think human artists still have a place, and I’m glad at least some companies still agree.

3 Likes

Yeah, for some reason, people on this forum really don’t like me. I’m aloof and socially awkward, not evil, yet they treat me like I’m being intentionally malicious. If I keep being treated like this, I’ll probably just delete my forum account.

Please do it’s good for your mental health.

2 Likes