AI Keeps Resigning

This is still an issue. One of my biggest gripes about the game, tbh. (This, and the annoying battle horn/alarm sounds that are too loud, way too frequent, with no exclusively separate audio slider to control their volume or frequency of occurrence, for whatever reason for 20 solid years and counting.)

I get so wrapped up in matches that I forget to do the 104 audio taunt near the start of the game. So, then mid-way through defeating my first enemy, I have a flash moment where I think to myself, “Noooo, I forgot to do 104!!”… where I then scramble to do 104 before the enemy resigns. Sometimes I’m quick enough, sometimes, not. It’s very aggravating to spend 2 or 3 hours on a game to have an AI resign when they have tons of building left and/or a plethora of units. Even if there’s one building left and one unit, it’s annoying. Let me enjoy the fruits of my labor to the fullest!

Tonight, one AI resigned when he had at least 30 buildings left and a number of units. As soon as I saw those, “I’m going to resign” chats, I shook my head and scrambled to do 104 in hopes it wasn’t too late. Alas, it was too late. Then, after hitting 104 ten times at that moment – to make sure the game understood my intent so the other AI enemy wouldn’t resign, I proceeded to play another 30-45 minutes. Lo’ and behold that AI resigned, too!! He had 20 or 30 buildings left, as well, and a bunch of units still. So frustrating. – Ahh, I forgot to also click “Everyone” as the recipient of my chats when I hit 104 ten times, I assume? But maybe not… I think it defaults to that in 1 vs. 2 AI games. Either way, Well played, game. Well played…

If you want to get off to a fast start, who has time to go chat “104” in the AI Commands?? And then as you keep getting wrapped up in the game, going into that area to do “104” is the last thing on my mind. Plus, it doesn’t even work 100%.

This should be a checkbox in the lobby… a time where you will always remember to look and never have to worry about again. And, hopefully, it would remember your preference. Nay, I trust it would!

People with this issue are scattered about the forums. Here are a couple. Can this please be addressed in an upcoming patch? And also make the AI less prone to resigning so quickly, in general, if you don’t specify that you don’t want them to resign?

Is it tracked as a bug? Is it on the list for resolution, or to be looked at? I don’t invest multiple hours into matches just to have the AI toss the towel in before I have a chance to enjoy my comeback conquest.

2 Likes