All campaign progress and saved games are away!

Game Version: 101.101.36202.0 0

• Build: (don’t know what this is)
  • Platform: Microsoft
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: SHO00D or (SHOOOD)
    Issue:

installed game through Microsoft store on laptop
updates windows etc
when I first ran game I saw it sync with xbox UI
when I try to go to a single player campaign none of my previous victories are there. it is as if I have started fresh. I have been playing for months on my PC and last night on laptop I could see all my previous progress. it is now gone on both pc and laptop
what is strange is that I can play saved games on stages I haven’t unlocked or cant access now due to progress being gone.
any help appreciated

Reproduction Steps:

Here’s how to reproduce the problem:
double click game and check progress

Hello, i don’t know if i have to ask the question here but i have a problem when starting AoEII DE. When i play the game and have not ended it, i save it and continue the next day. I always find it when going to the saved games. But since yesterday i can’t find my saved game anymore, some of the campaings I finished show up as not finished. The last saved game is of the 31st of march while the last campaigngame i played was the 15 of april. I ended at least 3 or 4 campaigns and now the show up as not played . I’m not native english so i hope my explenation is clear. Anyone have an idea whats wrong.

Check the folders with numeric names under “C:\Users\{username}\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE” for savegames. You can use “I R WINNER” for quickly completing already completed scenarios. You won’t get any medals so though

Game Version:

• Build: 101.101.35584.0 0
  • Platform: Microsoft Store
  • Gamertag: LieberohneKonto

Subject: The Forgotten: Prithviraj
Topic: lost savegames and incompleted maps (The Digvijaya and Born of Fire)

At first I have to apologize for my bad English.
I’m an older casual gamer and I play only the single player campaigns.
So sorry if that bug (?) was already known. I didn’t find anything.

It was really time-consuming for me to accomplish the 2nd map “The Digvijaya”.
And it was more demotivating to see, that there is no mark that I completed it yet.

Further some saved games (S, T, U, …) are linked to older maps/campaigns. Where are the newer ones? They’ve been already overwritten…

Please help, so I hope my motivation will come back soon! :slight_smile:

EDIT: It seems that some campaigns aren’t completed although I finished them … All again at the beginning… frustrating… no fun anymore! :frowning:

1 Like

Same as whatsisname8559?

I have the AOE II HD (steam) version, too.
But I changed to AOE II Def. Ed. (Microsoft account) so I don’t play on steam.
And steam cloud sync was automatically activated.

Hello everyone! We’re going to need a bit more information to get a full idea of what’s happening!

• Does anyone have a video that will help us understand the issue?
  • Can you confirm whether you are signed in / not signed in to Xbox Live? Does the behavior change if you sign in or sign out?
  • Are Steam cloud saves enabled?
  • Is there any other information you can provide to help us reproduce the problem internally?

Thanks for the report! I hope to hear back from you!

1 Like

Hey Evangelos

• I don’t have video but I wish I had taken screenshots before, the first time it happened and all Campagin progress was lost, including manual/auto saved games. The replays stayed intact, I know this from the load saves/replays menu. The timestamps on the replays showed I had played “yesterday” but the manual auto/save timestamps showed I hadn’t played for 2 weeks.

• As for when it happened, it was either during an update or event starting. (It’s happened to me 2-3 times now.) I’m always signed into Xbox live. I have a digital copy from the MS store.

• I’m not 100% sure but my game seems to be reverting back to the exact same point in campiagn progress. I know this because the only Campaign that seems unaffected is Joan of Arc, since after the fact, that campaign is still completed up to Mission 4. I did complete the final missions though.

So all other Campaigns get completely reset and Joan of Arc gets reset back to Mission 4.

If it happens again, I’ll grab screens of the timestamps on the saves/replays menu and post them.

Thanks

1 Like

Game Version:

• Build: 36906
  • Platform: Steam
  • Gamertag: replaceme

Issue:

All the progress of my campaign has been deleted!
I completed most of the battles four months ago, but after updating this version, all of my battle progress was lost, and they all returned to the first round. But the steam achievement column still shows that I have the achievement to complete these battles.
I thought it was a problem with my local files at first,but finally I found that all the progress of the campaign was lost on three different computers. So I think it must be something wrong with cloud storage. HOW to recover all my previous progress?

I paid so much efforts and time on this game. Please recover my lost time!

ATTACHMENTS:

example: I finished Huns campaign half year ago and my achievements still exist. But my campaign progress were deleted and return to its initial state. I don’t know what caused the progress of my campaign to be cancelled

1 Like

I’ve lost most of my campaign progress twice now. I see a thread a mile long about this issue with no comment from Microsoft on when they are going to get it together and address this months old issue. Why am I even bothering to play this game?

2 Likes

El Cid Campaign … finished the first and second one,now campaign map indicates nothing has been done under El Cid. Really don’t want to do 1 and 2 again to get to 3 under El Cid.

1 Like

Same here for the second time. My progress of the last two weeks was reset and all saved games deleted today. The replays and the achievements are still there.
I got no error message. Please fix this, this is game breaking.

1 Like

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build: 101.101.37906.0 5105673
  • Platform: Steam
  • Gamertag: AceCard32543944

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

:question: Describe the problem in detail (below). Please limit to one issue per thread.

After the latest update, some scenario completion medals have disappeared, even if the campaign ones are still there (so, actually, all campaigns have been completed). For my account:

• Attila and Sforza campaign: first two scenarios;
  • Alaric and Bari campaign: all scenarios;
  • Dracula scenarios: all scenarios except the third.

P.S.: Can you add a way to copy version number from the main screen? Writing it by hand is error prone…

About questione by GMEvangelos:

• Can you confirm whether you are signed in / not signed in to Xbox Live? Does the behavior change if you sign in or sign out? I start the application signed in; if I sign out and restart application bug is still present; if I sign in again and restart application bug is still present.
  • Are Steam cloud saves enabled? Yes

Bonjour a tous,
J’ai un souci de sauvegarde sur la campagne que je n’arrive pas a regler
C’est a dire que a chaque fois que je fait 1 voir 2 missions en campagne que je gagne bien sur elle ne s’enregistre pas automatiquement du coup je les perd et je doit a chaque fois recommencer du debut , j’en suis a avoir fait 4fois les 2 meme missions de campagne
Es que l’un d’entre vous pourrez m’expliquer pck je suis a 2 doigt de lacher le jeux qui est tres bien par ailleurs
PS : faut il absolument une connection internet ?
Merci d’avance

and nothing is done still

SO i finished a campaign last night i even go the XBOX award.

and i come back now and nothing is saved…
why!

Happened to me too. All my campaign progress reset.

i r winner didn’t work, playing from the last save and finishing it didn’t work

I haven’t played much of the campaigns, thankfully, since this issue keeps happening. Just a little bit of the fan-made ones. But I have to say, this would be one of the more disheartening bugs to experience; if your campaign progress gets lost forever. I’m not a fan of having to re-do things; the completionist in me would be bothered; and the sentimental side of me would be bummed.

I’ll definitely try to refrain from doing any campaigns until this issue gets permanently sorted out.

1 Like

Am I the only one who experiences this problema? After I finish a certain campaign the progress is not saved. (for example, I won the El Cid campaign #2 but when I launched the game again today it showed that I have not played El Cid #2, similar thing happened to Huns the Atila campaign #3 etc)

others have reported similar issues, saw someone mention this here and on steam forums

1 Like