Barbarossa : 4.7%
Sforza : 4.2%

LOTW (7.8% owned) :
Hauteville : 2.7%
Longshanks : 3.3%
Grand Dukes : 2.7%

DATW : (4.7-6.8% owned)
Algirdas & Kestutis 1.7%
Jadwiga : 1.5% (only ? that’s maybe the best campaign in the entire game !!!)
Jan Zizka : 1.6%

DOI : (3.1% owned)
Devapala : 0.6%
Rajendra : 0.5%
Babur : 0.6%

For obvious reasons an older DLC had more time to be sold, possibly some sales, and left more time for players to finish its campaigns.

Nope, don’t have India DLC and i have Dravidiav victory achivment.

I think there are also people who bought game but didn’t explore. It’s common thing, like i have 200 games on steam only played half of them.

That’s weird. Do they still rotate unowned civs for players to try them ?

What about Gurjaras?

3.4% but since you can play them in Prithviraj’s campaign that’s not relevant to owning the DLC.

Well apparently the others aren’t that relevant either… seems the % who finished campaigns is our best guess, a solid minimal value at least.

How?

Oh, yeah. Win percentage doesn’t exclusively for MP.

Indeed, only ONE achievements requires being done in MP, beating 3 human players at once.

And there are dedicated lobbies to cheese it :wink:

Sounds like a load of guess work and then you base a conclusion on it

Also you came to the conclusion European DLCs sell better but then you recommend an African and American DLC?

Sounds like you’re all over the place

The Houfnice argument is bugged. Also, Gurjaras who are the most popular new civ should be considered

I have the dravidian and gurjara achievement without owning the DLC and i havent played the campaigns. Not sure why. I think one of them even popped up after a loosing game, where the enemy had that civ. So something seems bugged.

To make it even more funny: My best civ according to my ingame profile is Gurjaras. Again: I havent played that civ, since i dont even own the DLC.

Dont ask me how this is possible. I dont know either.

2 Likes

All that then only leaves the campaigns as a reliable measurement, but it only accounts for players active enough to finish them. And active players are more likely to buy the DLC in the first place. We do not know how much overlap there is between finishing campaigns but the highest finished is a base minimum, the close values between campaigns of the same DLC may indicate that most players who played them finished them all, a small % not finishing the harder ones.

Finished a vanilla campaign, not counting William Wallace : at least 5.7% (Joan of Arc)
Finishted a LOTW campaign : at least 3.3% (Longshanks)
Finished a DATW campaign : at least 1.7% (Algirdas & Kestutis)
Finished a DOI campaign : at least 0.6% (tie between Devapala and Babur)

Maybe not surprisingly we see a bias toward 1-swords campaigns as the most finished.

If we wanted to judge popularity, we’d need to see the curves for each DLC of how much each sold this time, then comparing the curves. But we cannot even have an accurate raw instant number…

Looking at the play rates may work maybe?

This would first only cover active players, and would assume all civs are equally played. Which is not the case, not even close.

So were comparing a dlc that has been out for a month and a half to two that have been out for roughly a year, have had multiple sales, one of which was included free with age 4.

And despite this has better review scores and your conclusion is that the other dlcs clearly mean europe sells better?

Yeah your clearly not biased or anything.

3 Likes

Yes

I mean that we should be comparing the play rates of the DotD, Lotw and DoI civs at the month of release (or in the case of Burgundians you can look at the post buff patch)

The playrates are a decent way to look at how popular these civs are

Played 4th Portugese camapign and that poped up. Don’t know why.

Doesn’t this scenario have some Indians civs as enemies? Sometimes people who don’t have the civs get the achievement after beating them.

It does, it’s the one in which you break out of a besieged city

I think they messed something up there, you get the V achievement for winning AGAINST them instead of winning WITH them somehow…

1 Like