Animals killed by military still give food

With the new patch there came a bug with which you can now gather food from animals killed by military or tc’s.
In my opinion thats actually a pretty good feature and I would be happy if the devs left it in.

What are you guys thinking?

3 Likes

I think that’s not so good since before this you had to be careful with the TC arrows

1 Like

AOM is like that, if i remember well. Helps a lot hunting big game (eles and rhinos).
Using logic, a few xbows bolts or sword cuts are no different for the meat than the 100 arrows villagers shot at then. And you can still lame the enemy resources by killing the huntables.

1 Like

It kinda destroys the element of nostalgia for me.

I also like this feature/“bug”. Is is realistic and prevents players from losing all meat from animals simply because they accidentally shot it with TC.
There is no logical reason, for why killing animal with TC/military should lose its meat and so it should not happen.

There is another related topic about this feature, where I posted a poll and longer post including some supportive comments from people at Reddit.

Hopefully developers will listen to arguments from both sides in this discussion.

2 Likes

There is no logical reason, for why killing animal with TC/military should lose its meat and so it should not happen.

Maybe the weapon used for military purposes is poisoned.
But then why it is only for the last hit.

Relevant video about this feature.

Poll about this feature currently has 3 votes in favor and 3 against. Feel free to vote so that developers have better view of what community thinks about this :slightly_smiling_face:

I would like 50% loss of food if killed by military/TC, but not 100% loss. There should still be some impact on food supply if killed by military/TC so you can hurt enemy’s food supply