Announcing Age of Empires: Definitive Edition!

Are beta sign-ups over?

I am beyond excited for this game to be remastered for newer computers!!! Iā€™m ready to send my Wololos (priests) out to convert some war elephants! One of my earliest gaming memories is installing AoE and hearing my family get excited because there were characters walking above and below the installation bar and THEY HAD SHADOWS! We thought that this was a truly advanced game because they had shadows. I wouldnā€™t mind seeing that again.

Back to my childhood :slight_smile:

looks cool

@ā€œSPARTAN KING NZā€ said:
This is my laptop can I play AoE definitive Edition can some one please let me no? Thanks.
Intel(R) Coreā„¢ i7-6500U CPU @ 2.5GHz
Intel(R) HD Graphics 520
NVIDIA GeForce 940M
RAM
8.0 GB
Microsoft Windows 10. 64-bit

You will have no problem :wink:

System requirements here: https://ageofempires.com/buy-now/

When my kids were young, I networked several workstations together in my attic and we would play AOE 1 (including the Rise of Rome expansion) for hours and hours on end. We all loved it I miss those times dearly. AOE 2 never really did it for me, there was nothing I could put my finger on but I just couldnā€™t love it in the same way. However, Age of Mythology was brilliant and I was hooked again :smiley:
I am so happy AOE 1 is coming back with a vengeance! I literally canā€™t wait!
Please let me be part of the Beta!

1 Like

Where can we sign up for the closed beta?

I was excited for this. Then i saw it was windows 10 only. I have windows 7.

This is a dream come true!
Age of Kings HD has revived my interest in this classic franchise, but I thought that a reworking of the original Age of Empires would never happenā€¦and now it is!
Bring it on!

Hope you will include wall gates with new edition, thought it was odd they werenā€™t included in the original. Played a lot of original, was the title that drew me into pc gaming in 1998.

I would love to play the beta and help provide vital feedback to fine tuning this masterpiece

Yes, yes, please!

iā€™m not writing this comment to get into beta, itā€™s to express my interest. thank you for adding a classic mode, the wololos and rogans will really add a lot to the experience for me. i also am interested to find out what new things you will add to it, and i know youā€™ll do a good job. thanks.

I was in the beta of the Original AOE II years back. I would like to be in the beta of the makeover of AOE I as well. It was a great experience!

I have played every AOE game, and I would love support this game by giving feedback while itā€™s still in beta.

OMG OMG OMG! This is very exciting. I was 12 when I started playing this; 21 years ago! WoooHooo :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Beyond excited! Been waiting for this for years!

Do I post or Do i not, you see, i have 31 post already, ppl know, Im sitting back and reading my History books play AoE:II HD just waiting for Beta, but hey, what can I say I am a sexy Roman, waiting for AoE: DE to take down my foes.

Hope it will be playable on wondows 7.

When we can see the beta on?