Annoying Narrator when logged in to xbox. Thanks Microsoft

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #:* v201.12.1840.0
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

When not logged in narrator will not turn on at all.

When logged in narrator always turns on when switching menus. Example (I turned off narrator in Main Menu, I goto multiplayer menu and narrator turns back on.)

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Log in to xbox live
  2. Hover over any text and narrator is on by default.
  3. Try turning it off. Then switch to multiplayer and back to main menu.
  4. Its back.
  5. To fully turn off narrator just dont use xbox login.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:question: What was supposed to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Narrator actually off and the user who wants to login. Might as well NOT login.

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

:question: What actually happened (what went wrong) because of the issue you’re reporting?

When login to xbox. Narrator is forced on. No settins are saved with narrator.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

• N/A

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

2 Likes

Hey there @VanillaChanny,

Sorry to hear this is happening to you. Thanks for the video capture as well. I am unable to reproduce this with the steps provided. Can you see if going to OPTIONS > RESTORE DEFAULTS corrects this issue for you?

Do you happen to have any accessibility settings on your Xbox Live profile which might be overriding your local settings?

I do not have any settings on my Xbox Live profile. Halo fixed this bug when this was an issue. OPTIONS > RESTORE DEFAULTS works only in that menu then going back to multiplayer they flip back on.

Thanks for the added information @VanillaChanny!

If anyone else experiences this issue, please post in this thread so that we can get a sense of how wide-spread this is. Thanks!

I’m having the same issue, no matter how many times I turn off the narrator, it turns itself back on everytime I change menus.

I’ve had the same issue since launch.
Is there a file we could delete to possibly temp fix this?

Yup, also had it since launch. SO damn annoying.

Still having this issue on ver. 100.12.4087.0

Hi there

Exact same problem here on PC, game is from the XBOX app (not a gamepass game but a buy game), Win 10 x64

And narrator is ALWAYS activated when I launch the game, and ALWAYS reactivate when I quit a game and came back to the menu.

I have the exact same issue too. So annoying

1 Like

The same problem here… its frustating…