Any old school MSN Gaming Zone players?

Such good times were had, furthermore, any old resistance_ clan members? hah

Hi! I was addicted to MSN Gaming Zone. Such a shame they turned down the server.

I played on MSN also.

Yup, I was a top-ranked RMer back in the day. Someone on Twitch just informed me of this. You’ll see me busting out those 12m bronze times again, don’t you worry.

NS player here!

I have no idea how my xbox ID was that. Oh well. I changed it to my AoE name back in the day. Looking forward to murking.

Here. Way back in the day now! Stoked on a new release.

Also played on MSN, I was pretty good on DM. h those good ol’ days where you would lock up one of the first gaming rooms if you managed to get one, lol.

NS player on MSN gaming zone as well. Those where the good days :smiley:

Hi! Old MSN Gaming Zone player here as well. Almost cried when they shut down the server. Golden times!

MSN gaming zone, I remember getting into trouble racking up the internet bill playing AOE. I can’t say i was great or even good but i did have a bunch of fun.

Yes! and it worked like a charm :smiley:

KGB_Crazy here. I still remember when we used to type www.zone.com/aoe and get in the lobbies, lol.

Hopefully i’ll meet some old folks again. =)

I was on IRC #Ageofempires with the nick Sir_LegoL or Sir_Saklyes, and Zone with SIR_SaklyeS :smile:

Old Zone player here, I think my name was Warlord859, even though I had RoR full version, I sometimes chose to play the trial of RoR, somehow it was more fun.

Yep, old school here… even plays other game than aoe. Spades, Hearts, Ultracorps, Asheron’s Call etc…

@Ardraxx said:
MSN gaming zone, I remember getting into trouble racking up the internet bill playing AOE. I can’t say i was great or even good but i did have a bunch of fun.

Haha I recognize this completely, my parents would tell me every month to cut the gaming ‘or they’d take away the internet’ … Luckily for me, my father needed the internet for work and ‘the internet’ was just a baby form of today’s, so he couldn’t do anything… Oh man, I’d get scolded all the time … Hehe, I am talking about 1998/1999, I was just 9 years old haha :smiley:

I remember back in the day my ISP had a 2 hour connection time out, after each big game it would be redial… and join back in. Played on the Zone from March 2000 to the close of the Zone.

_Zx, KeenSmokU17, Smokester17, Z_Truman_Gen to say a few, I was 17 when I played. Cant wait to hook up with some old school games.

Thanks MS this will be great

@HaleManatee1324 said:
Haha I recognize this completely, my parents would tell me every month to cut the gaming ‘or they’d take away the internet’ … Luckily for me, my father needed the internet for work and ‘the internet’ was just a baby form of today’s, so he couldn’t do anything… Oh man, I’d get scolded all the time … Hehe, I am talking about 1998/1999, I was just 9 years old haha :smiley:

I got the same treatment scolded and the old take away the internet threat lol. I was 7 and only had the demo version of AOE but luckily the Zone had demo only games, just no iron age. :’(

I played on the zone, too. Awesome times!