AoE 1 Campaigns not included in RoR

I’m not lying, because I don’t use the same money as you do. If you could consider there exist other regions and countries in the world that use different currencies, you would not be talking like this.

Age 1 DE in my currency cost 35,95 and the Return of Rome cost 27. So you are paying 75% of the price for half of the original content.

In my currency it would be like costing 26 euros. Too expensive for 3 age 1 campaigns.

They already posted on the official site about it. But they STILL are not clear about it. I find it baffling how they keep avoiding to confirm there is no age 1 campaigns as if they are fearing something.

1 Like

75% of the price is not 100% so you were still lying :slight_smile: , I was not wrong at all :slight_smile:

On my currency would not be 11 euros either, it would be 15 or 16 but you have a discount on steam if you already own the base game, making it 11 euros :slight_smile: .

3 age 1 campaign + 1 NEW CIV on aoe2RoR + 1 NEW CIV on aoe2DE + quality of life improvements + UI redesign + probably 10 thousand hours that you will be spending on this multiplayer game ( don try to lie again :smiley: ).
You get some single player games that cost 60 euros and spend max 15 hours on them, 11 euros for 10 thousand hours of play is kinda free.

If it is expensive for you, don’t buy it. Nobody is forced to buy it.
Don’t shame the company on forums just because you don’t like the price.

Besides the price question, I feel there is a communication issue.

On the hand, as an AoE II fan, I really appreciate the attention brought to the game since DE, in regards of balance, troubleshooting, multiplayer servers, DLCs, tournamenents, campaigns, mods (though HD was better for mods) and more. And I like reuniting the communities with AoE I, so that they can deliver the same sort of support for their fan base too, and shut done AoE DE entirely if needed.

On the other hand, in this latter case, they need to very clearly say it, offer regular players of AoE I a massive discount for RoR (or even give it for free), and include all the original game content, and thus bring the campaigns too. Sure, the original campaigns aren’t as good as those of AoE II, but to have just one ‘unified’ game, you need to bring it all at once.

Right now, it feels like RoR is meant to take AoE I DE’s spot entirely, but without including all its features or offering a smooth (price) transition.

2 Likes

Yes, but it’s a bit expensive, right? Yes, I’ll buy it (mainly for QoL) but with a discount and if they promise to include the original campaigns in the future…

2 Likes

Sure, but that’s no reason for JordanEver to shame the company on forums.
Price is subjective, for me it is not expensive since I will play 1000+ hours out of this 11 euros product :smiley:

Yes, maybe we overhyped ourselves… but it’s because they didn’t give more information from October until now…

3 Likes

If you want to be smartass, we can start talking how the campaign content is much bigger than the multiplayer content that I considered 50/50 of the game.

We don’t consider discounts otherwise Age 1 cost would be very low with discounts.

I rarely play multiplayer, I’m mostly a single player Age player. The multiplaye content in RoR is useless to me. This is one of the lowest value DLC for single player.

And I don’t care abou the amount of hours. I much prefer to pay 60 euros for a 10 hours masterpiece game than play 10k hours on a mediocre game.

I can criticize them for selling the game again without all the content.

1 Like

RoR is a multiplayer DLC made specifically for multiplayer AoE1 fans that are facing performance issues on AoE1DE and also to bring the multiplayer community of AoE1 into AoE2 and merge the multiplayer communities into one.
The campaigns are just a bonus, this DLC is 99% a multiplayer DLC.
You can’t say this multiplayer DLC has low value for its price just because you are not the target audience.

Nobody is selling the first game again, this is not AoE1De, It is not even a game, it is a multiplayer mod/DLC that have nothing to do with AoE1 because the modifications and engine change makes it feel like a totally different game.

Also the price is ridiculous low for this game mod/DLC. I don’t know what your job or education level is, but 11 euros is less then a night out price.

Do you have a source for that?

2 Likes

AOE2DE isn’t exactly performance-friendly either. My main PC is heavy artillery built for Flight Simulator and Cyberpunk so it’s not a problem here, but for my light laptop with integrated graphics performances are much less than expected.

And saying the campaigns is an insignificant bonus, no, it’s the main course for singleplayer.

2 Likes

My notebook has 1.7 GHz, integrated graphs card and 12 GB RAM and the game runs smoothly. How much RAM do you have?

I had 8, upgraded to 24 a few days ago and haven’t tested yet.

The DLC it self is the biggest source. This game mod is dedicated to AoE1 multiplayer community in general, and Aoe1 Vietnamese multiplayer community in the hope that they manage to bring it into AoE2DE and merge the multiplayer communities into a single one.
There are also many AoE content creators and streamers and that said the same thing, here is an example:

I have an SSD too, if that matters. I bought in in AliExpress

Garrison makes quests like Holy Man far trickier to do as the villagers will just hide in the TC so i can see ### it doesn’t transfer well.

Oh god, like this scenario isn’t painful enough already…

1 Like

Seriously?

I’m glad they decided to FINALLY add the Romans on ranked. But now you’re telling me that the merge of AoE1 in AoE2 isn’t really a merge of AoE1 in AoE2? man, this is just lazy.

1 Like

They made 3 campaigns for AoE 1 dude, stop saying this is a multiplayer DLC when Romans would not even be used on ranked Aoe2.

And yes, this DLC have a low value, specially for AoE2 players.

Yes they are selling the game again. Their entire marketing is about how it’s AoE 1 being integraded into Aoe 2.

2 Likes

So that’s a no, then. The DLC itself seems like evidence of the opposite to me. A “multiplayer DLC” would have no singleplayer content at all, and if they wanted to add low effort singleplayer content, they’d just have ported the original campaigns as close as possible, rather than creating three new campaigns.

He’s talking about Lac Viet specifically, not the DLC as a whole.

2 Likes

It’s ok, you know better then all the content creators that are chatting with Microsoft devs :slight_smile:
If it was a single player game you would have the campaigns, right? Why would ALL of them be missing?
Why the ENTIRE single player experience from AoE1DE is missing? :smiley:
Some things are just that, you don’t need Microsoft to write on the steam page: ‘‘This DLC is made mainly for multiplayer reasons’’
For example, a car is a car, there is no writing on it saying ‘‘this is a car’’.

The sole reason for those 3 new campaigns is to justify the price and to not upset people for not making the DLC single player too, or maybe they are co-op so even those would be multiplayer :slight_smile:

I believe that you are just trolling. The entire clip is about the whole DLC and what is it for and for who.
Try to re-watch it.