AOE 2 DE running at only 4 FPS suddenly!

Just sent them my Dxdiag.txt file…I assume they’re working on something. I have to admit they are pretty responsive as we have gone back and forth 5 or 6 times today!

2 Likes

any luck anyone? I wonder if it had anything to do with the recent server maintenance. mine is still cooked. laggy in the lobby and game unplayable. 1st world problems for sure. but sad.

Thank you for your patience and understanding, while Support Team is taking care about this issue.

2 Likes

I used to play the game fine (single player campaigns)up until last weekend. now runs 3 or 4 fps and unplayable. tried everything as a fix and spent 3 days looking and trying. nightmare. can play aoe def1 ed no problems

1 Like

I used to play the game fine (single player campaigns)up until last weekend. now runs 3 or 4 fps and unplayable. tried everything as a fix and spent 3 days looking and trying. nightmare. can play aoe def1 ed no problems

1 Like

its weird. Once I am I ale to access single player menu, the frame rate seems to be fine. once i enter the game it completely drops again. The opening video of the game works fine though as there isnt a drop in frame rates. Couldnt have been a worse timing after a long week.

1 Like

Yes, after the opening video, my frame rate drops immediately - in all menus.

No updates today - other than their entry to thank us for our “patience and understanding”. It’s been a week so I’m a bit low on patience and I don’t understand why this patch they made means I can no longer play this game… :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah its frustrating Hagar and friends. I guess all we can do is keep making polite noise about it, obviously the devs work hard to support the game and they will have competing priorities. its just rough that there only seems to be a handful of us experiencing it. If there were more in the same boat it would be solved quicker. keep posting I say, also Hagar, what is the best way to contact the devs?

1 Like

Go here: https://support.ageofempires.com/hc/en-us/articles/360058003811-I-have-questions-about-the-game-and-the-solution-is-not-on-the-Support-pages

And click on “Submit a Request”

2 Likes

done what more can i do? its the bloody weekend and my elo aint going to rise by itself

Yeah, it’s time to find other games because this one has not been reliable from the beginning for me…constant crashing, multi-player games crash regularly to the point I won’t even play them anymore because it just wastes everybody’s time.

I would suggest AOE III DE instead…but it doesn’t work either! It does the same thing, running slowly and unplayable.

I guess I will go back to Rise of Nations…

2 Likes

honestly it used to work really smooth for me. havent played like in 2 weeks and suddenly the whole game is buggered. can we at least get a reüly from the devs instead of just generic answers?

1 Like

Hi guys, came back to game few months ago after soooo many years. Even bought the packs and everything. It worked just fine, no issues at all but after the last update its in complete mess with the FPS and so. I hope devs will work on it.
Also thanks to all of you mainly RedHagar for making some noise.

2 Likes

Happy to do it…I spend hours in this game and it is a great release for me…hopefully they figure this out soon!

2 Likes

Support replied pretty fast which is cool. Gave generic advice, which I have tried. Also requested dxdiag and game logs/ screenshot, which I have sent. Definitely recommend everyone to submit a ticket too if they haven’t. I feel that its something buggy in the software since an update if its happening to a bunch of us at the same time. If they receive enough tickets about it they’ll have to start thinking the same.

4 Likes

I have done the same last night. I have sent them everything they asked and more… will see what will be the answer.

same. Has anybody had some experience with them in the past? And maybe knows how long this issue will prevail? Great community btw <3

Well that is what I got from support:
Thank you for all the information provided.
Sadly, I do not have any further troubleshooting steps to offer so I have forwarded your report to our Development Team for further investigation.

Should we require any information, one of our agents will contact you.

I suspect there won’t be a fix until their next patch which seems to happen about monthly at best so I’m guessing not until November…

Not sure if this will help anyone, but here goes. I had this issue on a new build/new win 10 install on new SSD. the game worked once for a few games after installing GPU drivers. then went to 6fps hell hole after the recent server maintenance. I had moved my old SSD from old pc to the new PC and somehow managed to boot from it, and holy moly aoe2 DE works now. So there is something about either the new SSD/win 10 install/driver set up that the updated vers of the game doesnt like. But its happy with my old win install, even on the new hardware. kooky or what.

1 Like