AOE 2 DE running at only 4 FPS suddenly!

Yeah, there’s definitely a conflict with some combination of hardware, so that makes sense. If we could change all our hardware one piece at a time to find out what the conflict is, maybe we could figure it out. :wink:

The game works fine with my profile on my laptop, just not on my desktop - so it is specific to hardware - just don’t know which hardware. Everybody seems to have very different configurations.

2 Likes

Just randomly, i was looking for the origin of the problem and for statistical purposes how many of you run Citrix for work? I uninstalled Citrix reset the computer and reinstall it (Citrix) and the problem was gone. Let me know

5 Likes

Interesting - I run Citrix too…I will try that now!

2 Likes

OK, well - my problem is gone! I don’t know if it was Citrix related (I run Citrix on my laptop too which has never had a problem throughout this last week) or if they updated the game. I did uninstall Citrix though as a test.

When I first started the game, there were some news announcements that popped up, so I wonder if they haven’t made a modification as well?

Whatever it was, I’m back at 60 fps again! Anybody else check yet today?

1 Like

You sir are a saviour! Thank you very much! Citrix gone, 60 FPS for the win!
That’s what you get for working during weekends from your personal PC. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It would be interesting to see if someone tries it before uninstalling Citrix…still wondering if it’s a Citrix conflict or if they updated the game today!

1 Like

I run Citrix and will try the game now without uninstalling

1 Like

The game is still stuck at around 6 fps for me. I will try uninstalling and re-installing Citrix tonight (unfortunately still need it for work)

1 Like

Red hagar, maybe edit the top post so it shows this information. Thanks in advance

Good idea, but it won’t let me edit anything that I haven’t JUST posted…but I did flag what looks like the solution is…and that gets posted at the top. Hopefully this works for everybody…but someone has to figure out how to make this NOT conflict with Citrix…everybody uses that these days!

1 Like

Thanks! Hopefully the devs are on it.

1 Like

Hi PACO, you’re a genius for figuring this assocation out!
I have the same problem, but will also need to keep Citrix for work.
You mentioned you reset your computer after uninstalling Citrix - what do you mean with reset? I would like to try the same so I can use AOE2DE next to having Citrix installed

Edit – just uninstalling Citrix made AOE2DE work flawlessly again, but now I have rebooted my PC and reinstalled Citrix the same problems arise unfortunately…

I had the same issue. Reinstalling Citrix from command prompt using the following parameters worked for me. “CitrixWorkspaceApp.exe ADDLOCAL=ReceiverInside,ICA_Client,AM,SELFSERVICE,DesktopViewer,Flash,Vd3d,WebHelper,BrowserEngine”

Same issue here on my 5600x and 3070 Ti

great for finding it out. i also use citrix but i need it for work… probably the same with everybody else… anyhow good news!

1 Like

btw
PACO6339 you da real mvp

1 Like

Well I already informed the support about the Citrix issue. The lady promised to give it to the devs so hopefully it will be solved during november update…

1 Like

You don’t need to remove it forever, sorry if it was understood as that. Just to uninstall it, turn the computer of and on (reset/reboot) and re-install citrix. And the problem for me on aoe was fixed. I am currently using it :).

Sorry to hear, now that the devs are on it. I guess that it will probably be solved soon since everybody uses some form of work from home app this days.

Mine appears to run fine again after following the above steps. Uninstall Citrix, restart computer, re-install citrix. PACO you legend!

1 Like