AOE 2 DE running at only 4 FPS suddenly!

PACO what a human you are. thank you. I also run citrix. what a spot. would have never guessed that. see you guys on empire wars if you play that. Should we tell the devs or will they see this here?

I have uninstalled citrix, started aoe2 successfully, reinstalled citrix and the framerate dropped again. any ideas as I do need citrix for my daily work.

There seems to be some success depending on how Citrix is installed - as ArchedData57498 mentioned installing from the command prompt in this thread - might be worth a try.

I asked about the status of this as I have submitted a ticket to the support team - they responded quickly but said they are still working on a solution…nothing yet.

If you have an opportunity to run Citrix within a virtual machine, that would likely resolve the issue - it’s not the greatest experience running a VM inside a VM but I have done it. I actually have another machine I run as a server and that’s what I’ve been doing - using remote desktop to remote control that computer which has Citrix running on it.

1 Like

Installing an older version, 2108 in my case, works for me. It seems that a recent Citrix update caused the issue.

Thank you SO MUCH for posting this fix. I was getting ready to return my laptop (MSI Delta 15) and buy a new one because of the AOE2 lag. I was getting 16.9 fps! And this is on a brand new alleged “gaming laptop.” I uninstalled Citrix and I went from 16.9 fps to 90+ fps. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

It is great when a forum posting actually works! :slight_smile: Interestingly, the developers still haven’t addressed this issue!

I have to say, this is one of the buggiest games I’ve ever played and they keep updating it causing even more issues.

Oh well…glad this helped you!

1 Like

Many thanks. Citrix Client was the bad one for me too