AoE 4 vs AoE mobile, lets compare them

I really don’t Know if those are real gameplay Images bit in this case it’s not a good thing when a mobile game could have a Better Graphic than a Triple AAA title.

Like seriously…

4 Likes

I believe this is their official website:
https://dg.qq.com/cp/a20210428orderm/index_qw.shtml

Here’s a site with several blogs and media content:

2 Likes

Omg… like totally right?

Marketing screenshots are always accurate! its the LAW!

Except the Mobile game doesnt lmao
The art style of AOE4 is stylized. Its cartoonish. Its not supposed to be hyper realistic and the chinese ripoff with the sprite buildings is not graphically better because they filter the crap out of their promotional material.

3 Likes

Never said they were.
But I’m pretty sure it would be quite easy to make AoE4 look like that picture

Cherrypicking glitch pictures doesn’t look good on you

Looks pretty accurate to me.

You do realize that they had collaboration with World’s Edge to create a mobile version of the game for the Chinese market right? Maybe it’s hard for you to fathom this, but not every Chinese games were made in a garage using stolen assets from other games, considering that some of these companies are pretty large rivaled to Microsoft or Bethesda.

Here’s some original assets

4 Likes

It was a Graphic bug. I can assure you that graphic on 4k ultra setting Is also Better than promotional videos/Images.

1 Like

Most of these are commercial staged fake shots.

Fake

Plausible

Plausible and points to basic base building mechanics like all generic mobile strategy games have: static building slots, “click to upgrade” mechanics etc.
If you think you will be able to place your buildings/walls freely, think again.

3 Likes

Lmao I can’t wait for this crappy mobile game to come out.

This is very clearly going to be another 2d scam mobile game.

1 Like

There’s nothing scammy about it. They’ve already made commercials and went on air with a show host to talk about the upcoming game. Even World’s Edge crews were sponsoring their collaborations. If anything, their advertisements were larger and more publicized than Age of Empires IV.

Gotta love the fanboys giving you hearts when they’ve never seen the footage of this game:

1 Like

Looks pretty fake to me

Its obvious those buildings are sprites like the old AOE2 while their units are more 3d similar to the definitive edition of AOE2. The units are moving on their own and the ground’s texture looks so bland because news flash… this is for mobile!!!
jesus christ what is wrong with people?

I run it on ultra settings to and I can’t make my game look like the first picture lol but its close enough. Regardless the point stands not all promotional material is exactly representative of what is in the game.

3 Likes

Indeed it’s for mobile. We know it’s a mobile game as well. The discussion was between the comparison of Return to Empire and Age of Empires IV, graphically. Maybe you have this deep bias hatred knowing that there was another game studio who was also making an Age of Empires game of which you could make a similar graphical comparison side by side?

Whatever the issue may be, I honestly couldn’t care less about your opinion as to whether you think this game was legitimate or your general interests toward it. I’m only stating facts that Return to Empire was supported by World’s Edge and is being produced by a major game studio known for other popular mobile titles. If you can’t accept this facts and felt the urge to start a strawman argument just to justify your online argument, then that’s your own loss to deal with.

1 Like

They didn’t understand to add more textures. Some units seem soo Ugly. Not improvements from the stress test.

3 Likes

Perfect , well done ! that is the real response to this topic

:+1:

the landskenethc (dont know how to write that name) looks better detailed though (i think)

No, It seems a very poor model. We have to Admit that graphic textures are totally mess.

Those are details!

2021-08-26-12
13bbb525b55ec5906c4af7de6394af35ee621fa0
2021-08-26-19
2021-08-26-18

1 Like

Reminds me of Anno Online. Doesn’t seem to be completely 3D, camera moves very static.
Also I doubt you can move things like walls and the keep/main building.

mhm …

i think these are quite detailed.

3 Likes

A bit Better. Maybe we’ll have different textures for campaigns and multiplayer, i don’t know.

2 Likes