AoE: DE Feature Requests for Next Patch

Classic UI, classic OST in next patch please!

4 Likes

More the people that comment on this topic, the more the devs listen to the peope.

4 Likes

And what if it was an even buggier mess and had horrible support? It would be the same thing over and over again.

The most intelligent thing to do is invest in this game, updating the engine to a version that is similar in potential to the Age2:DE one. I’m not saying “remake the whole game in the same engine as Age2:DE”, but bring the game closer to that one.

If you think about it, a remake would require even more time, money and developers involved than what it would be needed for this game to be fixed and patched up.

I rather Microsoft goes the paid DLC path instead of creating one game after the other, without supporting their games on a decent level.

Funny thing is we as fans don’t want much for AoE1DE. We mostly want it to work smooth and nice, to perform well with what it’s got. New content is cool, but only if it’s working right. COUGH! new stances.

8 Likes

AoE is a truly magnificent game, it makes me happy on a subconscious level, it fills my heart with feelings that I could never forget. The soundtrack and the art join together to make an unforgettable experience. And if the devs can’t feel it, what are they here for?

6 Likes

Arabia is a Age II only map, isn’t it? :thinking:

1 Like

Indeed. Only two games managed to generate the same effect on me, this being one of them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How did you create these icons? They look phenomenal! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m glad you like them! :slight_smile: I searched up the internet for some fitting symbols and edited them in Photoshop.

4 Likes

I love the Egyptian one the most. Brilliant work there.

I wish the game had unique civ icons instead of the boring tech tree one.

3 Likes

+1 for the old UI. I might be weird, but I’d also like to be able to play the campaigns with the old graphics. I’m not sure how the engine handles the graphics, or whatever is up with the graphics in general (i.e. whether they are they plastered “on top” of the old ones like many other remasters [Day of the Tentacle, Starcraft 1 Remastered], or are just a new thing entirely which has nothing to do with the old ones), so it might not be able to switch seamlessly between the old ones and the new ones. It does that for the skirmishes, though, so beats me.

1 Like

It would be nice if we could get an official response in this matter. I like to know this type of things when it comes to graphics.

1 Like

I remember reading somewhere that they said they don’t have the reworked maps for the old graphics, but that never made much sense to me since you can play random maps with the old graphics. Can’t the game convert the maps to the old graphics? I really have no idea, but that doesn’t matter imo, just give us the ability to play the old maps with the original graphics if anything else is such a hassle. I still have the original installed on my PC, but I’d like to get rid of it and play DE however I feel like.

3 Likes

If you have an old map, the game can convert it to the new graphics. But the reverse is not possible. The new graphics have many terrain elements that did not exist before.

2 Likes

Oh, okay, then only give us the ability to play the old maps with the old graphics. Like I said, I’m 100% fine with that.

1 Like

Like more upgraded versions for Scouts, peltasts, a two horse heavy chariot archer, etc.

4 Likes

The question now is, can we install the old campaign files in the definitive edition?

1 Like

Wow, peltasts make a lot of sense, I agree. And yeah, the chariot archer feels pretty weak to be honest, and am upgrade would be awesome, similarly to the scythe chariot. An increased tolerance to conversion would be cool too.

1 Like

Yes, if you have the original files. But not from the campaigns, but from the Custom Game - Select Scenario.

2 Likes

What about Balance?
https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/what-will-be-the-guesses-for-the-next-balance-patch-of-aoe1-de/106772/14

2 Likes

You had no gunpowder at that time, demolition ships is not an option.
In my opinion Aoe1 DE need an update so it works just as well as Aoe2 DE.

2 Likes