AoE:DE remade soundtracks

Greetings folks!

I just checked out the new"remaster/made" soundtracks and i really enjoy them however i did not find my favourite on this list, which is the first track from the original game named Conquest.

AoE1: Conquest : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o2aBk86UKY
AoE:DE Full soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0rIAZhG0Aw

Is this song still in the game, or they forget to add to the Definitive Edition??? If yes is there any possibilities to add it later cause that song was the best starting song in every game!

There’s already a thread about this I think. And no, conquest/cave is not in the DE soundtrack that is listed. Who knows if they’ll add more or not. Personally I find the DE soundtracks are lacking in some areas, and that the changed up melody was unnecessary in some of the songs!

Dawn of A New Age is also missing :frowning:

Only “Rain”, “Wally”, and “GraySky” from the original CD are also DE remakes.

WOw!!! amezing!!

All musics from original CD should be in Definitive Edition, I always use this CD when I play AoE …

@Danicela said:
All musics from original CD should be in Definitive Edition, I always use this CD when I play AoE …

As I have mentioned before, probably you will be able to hear the original CD if you play the classic mode.

For the sake of nostalgia, let’s hope the music from the original isn’t under any copyright laws or anything.

To be honest I think the original songs are way more better. :frowning:
Many changes in the remastered music are overdoes to me.
I hope there will be an option to play the original music.

@“Ginger Eyed” said:
let’s hope the music from the original isn’t under any copyright

It absolutely is. Copyright duration is complicated (particularly when it comes to corporate authorship), but it’s generally life + 70 years. The original composer isn’t dead yet, so they definitely are still copyrighted.

I must say, it’s quite disappointing that the soundtrack is being completely redone. When I first heard about it, I thought they were going to be recording the same tracks, just reorchestrated for a full live orchestra instead of the low-fi digital recordings of the original. Kinda a shame that that’s not what they’re doing, in my opinion.

@Lord_Seronax said:
Greetings folks!

I just checked out the new"remaster/made" soundtracks and i really enjoy them however i did not find my favourite on this list, which is the first track from the original game named Conquest.

AoE1: Conquest : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o2aBk86UKY
AoE:DE Full soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0rIAZhG0Aw

Is this song still in the game, or they forget to add to the Definitive Edition??? If yes is there any possibilities to add it later cause that song was the best starting song in every game!

unfortunately I know they have redefined only the music of the AOErise of rome

Conquest is missing from the DE soundtrack. Also Dawn of a New Age (main menu theme of original Age I), Rise of Rome’s main menu theme, Medieval Melody (Mix 2), New Technology (arguably the new DE theme is a reworking of this one though) and Fretless Salsa (Mix 2).

It’s a shame. Maybe the composer missed the songs out after forgetting they were there.

Many of the reworked songs suffer from being over-orchestrated, instead of simply reorchestrating the simple and awesome melodies of the original. There are some tracks with so many delayed overlayers of sound that they become cacophonous. That said, at least one of the reworked tracks (War Drums in the East) is better than the original track it’s based on (The Old One Sleeps).

I do like some of the new track names, some of which are based on campaign mission names. However, “Sh’washa” is too peaceful a theme to be named “Coming of the Huns” (in the DE OST), in my opinion.

Overall I like the new soundtrack, but it doesn’t seem like a “best of” soundtrack since it’s missing so many good ones.
It doesn’t seem like a “definitive” soundtrack since it doesn’t have all the songs.

there’s a lot of french horn.
That said, I think I like it as much as I like the other ones. It will be cool playing with a new soundtrack.

But can they build a soundtrack to stand the test of time?

Personally i like the new tracks but the original tracks are super good, giving awesome atmosphere to the game. The new ones are really well made, high lvl but sometimes i just wish they should just kept the old simple tunes and not changing them that much.

If you are looking at soundcloud, the composer uploaded another title named “Battle of Tunis”, which is the “Battle / Egyptian Hymn” soundtrack of the original AoE and not a part of the new official 22 tracks. There will be more I guess. At least this one :slight_smile: https://soundcloud.com/tmasten/battle-of-tunis

@Teutonicus said:
If you are looking at soundcloud, the composer uploaded another title named “Battle of Tunis”, which is the “Battle / Egyptian Hymn” soundtrack of the original AoE and not a part of the new official 22 tracks. There will be more I guess. At least this one :slight_smile:

it does not pay tribute to the original unfortunately.

hey miss the harp phases, and so many others leaving a blank inexplicable, DE should be Definite Edition, and do not regret the original.

edit

@ZagorathAus said:

@“Ginger Eyed” said:
let’s hope the music from the original isn’t under any copyright

It absolutely is. Copyright duration is complicated (particularly when it comes to corporate authorship), but it’s generally life + 70 years. The original composer isn’t dead yet, so they definitely are still copyrighted.

Ah, then I’ll rephrase that.

Let’s hope the copyright is in Microsoft’s favor and they can at least use the original scores, whether they remaster them or not :smile:

@Teutonicus said:
If you are looking at soundcloud, the composer uploaded another title named “Battle of Tunis”, which is the “Battle / Egyptian Hymn” soundtrack of the original AoE and not a part of the new official 22 tracks. There will be more I guess. At least this one :slight_smile: https://soundcloud.com/tmasten/battle-of-tunis

tbh I like this better than the rest of the OST.

WAIT A MINUTE-- the rest of the OST sounds good, but Amazon’s music previews are compressed to ■■■■. I’ve been deceived!