AOE II Dawn of the Dukes: Bohemians and Poles

Bohemians – Traverse Central Europe’s tall mountains and verdant forests as you arm hardy warriors with advanced weapons and lead them to victory against insurmountable odds. The Bohemian unique units are the Hussite Wagon, a deadly forerunner of the modern tank, and the Houfnice, a powerful upgrade to the Bombard Cannon.

Poles – Stride across fertile plains with industrious farmers and powerful nobles at your back as you build the fledgling Kingdom of Poland into one of medieval Europe’s most powerful states. The Polish unique unit is the Obuch, a brutal infantryman whose war hammer tears the armor from enemy units.

Bohemian Castle: Karlstejn Castle

( Probably ) Bohemian Wonder: Old Town Hall Prague

or Church of our Lady before Tyn

Polish Castle: Będzin Castle

Polish Wonder: Wawel Cathedral

( images updated by JonOli12 )
Bohemian UU:
Hussite Wagon
Houfnice ( upgraded Bombard Cannon )

Polish UU :
Obuch - armor piercing infantry.
Trivia: Inspiration for Obuch probably came from famous Jan Matejko paiting “Battle of Grunwald” where 2 polish warriors killed grand master of Teutonic Order, Urlyk von Jungingen. ( Obuch has smilliar appearance and “armor piercing” weapon.

Winged Hussar - ( probably unique upgrade to Hussars aka Imperial Hussar or just Scenario Editior object.
( Probably ) Folwark

New future maps:
New maps:
RM ( Random Match ):

• Ring fortress
    PR7-060

• Runestones
    PR7-060

• Moutain Range
    PR7-060

• Northern Isle
    PR7-060

• Meadow
    PR7-060

• Low land
    PR7-060

• Marketplace - Trading with gaia on 1v1 ? Italian Silk Road could be usefull in late game.

• Greenland
    PR7-060

• Eruption

• Frigid lake
    PR7-060

• Acclivity
    PR7-060

New profice icons:
PR7-057PR7-058PR7-059PR7-060PR7-061PR7-056

50 Likes

@DarthPyro4335

Here you have your civs you wanted. Enjoy :smiley:

What is that building though in the Middle?

grafik

14 Likes

It seems Poles has access to new type of mill. I like how they put Obuch as UU and Winged Hussar as probably scenario editior object.

Looks like a bakery though ?

9 Likes

ss_d50b00bc81969db227384a883f45e6691aaedddc.600x338

11 Likes

I knew something is wrong if dude said that he has Insider info ( about Georgians and Bohemians ) and his post wasn’t take down.

9 Likes

6 civs with Eastern European architecture set is complete overkill though.

13 Likes

Can one of you dm me all the vids etc, it’s still early here i cannot watch vids I’ll disturb sleeping people xD

I didn’t saw any video. They just put on steam Dawn of the Dukes in the same time with AoE IV ( it was for some time blocked due the leak )on Steam.

5 Likes

I only have the screenshots from SteamDB

1 Like

Congratulation to poles :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

hopefully georgians will be added later

and pray for indian civs

23 Likes

I’m really happy ! I just wanted to see Poles in game, but I wouldn’t believe devs will ever put them in game as separate civilization.

14 Likes

3 winged hussars riding down the mountains

5 Likes

need more information about the obuch unit

6 Likes

As Pole I would never ever think about Obuch as UU, but it’s nice to see that developers instead “its famous, so we will add it”, they really researched Polish history.
The Obuch is not a name of unit though, but of weapon. I don’t know if it has english name, but the closest name would be " Horseman’s pick". Probably it would be “foot Leitis”.

12 Likes

“foot leitis” sounds nice… btw will it be a counter to cavalry?

In terms of AoE II mechanic - armor piercing infantry.

I can’t find anything more than just announcement on Steam. So I don’t know it’s stats.

But personally I wonder more about Hussite War Wagons :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m the most excited for the Hedwig campaign.

It’s the very first DLC which features a women as central character:

18 Likes

What’s more. She wasn’t never queen of Poland. She was crowned for king. Jadwiga The King of Poland. It’s rare in medieval history of Europe too see woman king.

11 Likes

is the female character called “Bathory” ?

ok nvm … her name is Jadwiga, ill look into her history

4 Likes