AOE II Naval Update

I i loved it, also big ships can be created in a new building “harbor” and the other in docks, malay can update their docks to harbors

Not really, imagine you have a big army instead of losing your time by making those ships who can accept only 20 units, this ship will take 50 units who is a big life savor not 80 i don’t know where you see this number lol.

The problem with those transport ships are they are destroyed easy, and they are not really a treat because of their small capacity of course you can make a lot of ships but the problem is still the same, you will lose a lot of times, the boats will have the time to destroy your port.

I see this boat only in Imperial Age, he will be more resitant but more slow, and for me the slowest boat, because the logic is more it’s huge and resistant more it’s slow.

80/20=4 regular transports for 80 units
80/40=2 large transports for 80 units
4-2=2 less transports
Hence you save 2 pop space on transports.

Please don’t laugh at people when you’re the one not reading. I teach enough people math during my day job.

Which is the problem. Nobody is going to be shooting at you from one or two ships in imperial age. Fleets are huge. Your best defense is speed. A slow juicy target is a dead juicy target.

2 Likes

Peace, i’m not laughing at you, you were the one who were lauguing at me like i’m some sort of idiot, after forget it sorry if you feel offended by “lol”.

But yeah i see your point but like i said i never said 80, 50 could be the maximum for the big one because 80 is too much, after why not, but it feel too much,

Make it more slow will justify the risk, have you see a tank fast like a porch ?

Fair enough, I can see why my post came across like that. My apologies.

I never said your ship holds 80 units, I was giving an example of a situation in which you’re trying to transport 80 units, which is an extreme amount. With the current transport ships that takes you 4 ships. 4. You’re suggesting a new unit type whose main benefit is saving on 2 pop space if you’re trying to do a massive landing with 80 units. That’s what I think is bad about this design, it is not fundamentally usefull.

I think I’ve said enough about the speed. Less speed is not worth it here, no matter how much armor, hp and attack the thing gets.

I see, maybe a card who allow the maximum to 30, make them more resistant. It’s true that it could be too much.

TiptopBoot7615 and PanCalvus what is wrong with you 2???
You are being polite, understanding of each other points and having a civil change of ideas !!! That is not allowed in the net!!! (Sarcasm)

In all seriousness, I am glad to see commenters been able to collaborate or at least “agree to disagree”.

You 2 are a good example to others.

3 Likes

The easiest change with the largest impact on water redesign is splitting the War Galley upgrade into 3 separate upgrades for the Fire Galley, Demolition Raft, and Galley.

yeah, but what would this achieve? change for change’s sake?

another new building? I’m not sure i can still find keys on my keyboard for more hotkeys

1 Like

The “Boarding Ship” appeared in one of the costume scenarios, the ships were called Pirates, and they had no attack but if you got close to an enemy ship it can be "Boarded " (converted).

They worked like monks against Battling Rams, so no defense, no range,must touch and worked better as a group.

It was a great scenario. (I can not remember the name)

In one of the original campaigns, we had an scenario that had a sea area that can not be navigate(Dragon Sea), your ship will sink within 2 or 3 blocks, that forced the player to land and go thru land.

The same trigger can be available and re-skined as sharpened stakes.

Sharpened Stakes can immobilize, temporarily or permanently a vessel, or make it lose HP the longer is on the area…

My point is that a lot of the Ideas in this thread are already on the system, and have been tested, so implementation should no be a big issue and can give the players a new way to think and play without the need of new civs and another opportunity to play the old campaigns as it happening now with the Hindu Campaigns.

How about having mineable Gold and Stone in water areas, maybe with dedicated mining ships, so there would be more incentive to contest and hold the water?

Like little islands? Kinda already a thing and im not sure but the impression ive got is that most players cant be bothered transporting vills a lot.

Actually these are not your ideas, but thanks anyway for mentioning them, I would like to implement my mod in AOE2 DE.
Here is the original post:

and the mod can be played at Voobly anytime:

Good gaming.

3 Likes

Hi i’m sorry i thought everybody know this mode, but yeah it will be interesting to see it in AOE II.

I’d honestly leave water alone, it is supplement to land games and strategies. the base game is fine.

for the water units leave it to mods