AoE IV disappointment. .?

This is the exact reason Relic would never create an alternative for CoH
tbf, I think AOE4 is in a good timeline. Forget WW2, the game is called Age of Empires, not Age of Wars

1 Like

Or maybe because of that relic could have been chosen :wink:

? :slightly_smiling_face: Japanese empire, German Reich (Empire), British colonial empire, French colonial empire? :slight_smile: I see empires everywhere.

1 Like

No I don’t think so, they just pleased everyone who wanted medieval age to let those fans happy, so nobody would be disappointed, but it might probably backfire.
I love also the eras of Age of Empires I and II, but I would have preferred some consistency on the developers when creating the successor of the AOE saga, each game was a continuation of the era the previous game took off, and it wasn’t just the middle ages for this franchise, but maybe as someone said in this post they went for choosing what is more commercially successful, instead of continuity in the franchise, but other ages as well, but I feel quite disappointed, I expected some new era like the early 20th century or late 19th century, so let’s see how the development progresses.

2 Likes

You were certainly promised nothing in age terms, you were promised age of empires 4, and age of empires 4 will be delivered. Supposing what age it will be in and then claiming you were lied to is your own problem…

2 Likes

Obviously you are not a true AOE fan. If you were, you would know AOE 4 was suppose to be ww2. Many years ago I bought AOE3 when it first came out. Back then it was a CD. The case of that game had a picture of the AOE games through the years.
Here is a picture of it
When i bought AOE 3 and saw that picture, I was excited. I am a die hard AOE fan and I couldnt wait for that WW2 AOE game but because of the failure of AOE3 and success of 2, the devs were scared and didnt want to try anything new.
So yes they did promise this. And they lied to me and tried to play it safe.

1 Like

You are hilarious. I bought AoE 2 when it first came out. Not aoe 3. Your attempt to show-off as “oldschool” is laughable in itself. Being entitled and arrogant is not being a better “fan” and calling others not “true” fans won’t cut it either. I am well aware of the aoe 3 picture you linked, if you were a true aoe fan as you claim you would be aware of the fact that Ensemble studios has closed down for over a decade now. Any development direction they had is obviously closed down with them. Furthermore, its absurd to think that a marketing brochure is a “promise” and even more absurd to think that they have to keep such a marketing “promise” when they revive the franchise 15 years later with another developer company.
You are making a fool of yourself, at least try to spread your misconceptions in a polite manner and not being offensive in the forum because obviously, others can play that game too.
Lastly, there is a very good WW2 the same developers have released! Maybe yous should go play that.
Also, if you understood anything about development and historical RTS games, you would know that putting aoe 2 in ww1+ age would HAVE to be a very different game with very different core gameplay elements than the aoe series. And that is a very risky move when you try to revive a franchise, even if it is successful and awesome game.

1 Like

You sound like one of those people trying to defend the New Star Wars movies for Being Terrible.
“It ChAnGeD dIrEcToRs AlOt AnD tHeRe WaS jUsT sO MaNy DeCiSiOnS”
Instead of taking your anger out on random people on the internet try yoga bruh. Its relaxing.
P.S. Im 19 AOE3 is the only AOE game that has come out in my lifetime

I don’t understand the star wars reference because i am not a fan of star wars and don’t even remember the movies.
I am not trying to defend anyone, i stated the simple fact that you were promised nothing by the developers, contrary to what you claimed - if i was wrong i would gladly accept proof. And your response was that i am not a fan because i obviously don’t know something you do in a condescending tone.
You were blatant and offending in your post, then since there is no logical flaw in my argument about the “false promises” you try to look like you are on the “right” by accusing me of being angry.
I am very relaxed and my response was on topic with logical argument and not an ad hominem as both your posts. I don’t think i fancy taking yoga lessons, thanks for the suggestion.
PS: i am 29 and have played aoe 2 conq and aoe 3. Being a fan means nothing to me other than i grew up playing aoe 2 and learned alot. As far as AoE 4 goes, being a fan or past experiences mean nothing, i will see what game they produce and if its great i will play it and advocate about it. If it is not, then i won’t. But, the age it is set in is the least of my concerns as far as gameplay goes.

1 Like

Welp, the good thing is aoe4 will be a free game, 0 dollars spent - just waiting the crackwatch confirmation, but they never cease to amase. I hope it uses the steam platform for multiplayer, so i can use the steamfix and play mp aswell.
Nothing better than a harmless sabotaging. Who’s with me for some fun, free aoe4 multiplayer gaming on hamachi? People do that with aoe3 to this day, there’s nothing wrong with this practice.

Which then it could not be called Age of Empires, but Age of Wars

Are you being sarcastic? There is nothing confirming this and since it does not have micro-transactions …

Nazi Germany is also known as the Third Reich (Drittes Reich ), meaning " Third Realm" or " Third Empire ", the first two being the Holy Roman Empire (800–1806) and the German Empire (1871–1918).

More about the “german empire”

I believe you are mistaken my good man. The ottoman empire and the english empire are additional empires that existed during this time, not to mention the Japanese empire who actually had an emperor.

The actual deal is that while Ensemble Studio planned to make AoE4 a WW2 game, they are long gone so now it’s Forgotten Empires/Relic who decide how the game will be.

2 Likes

No, i’m not being sarcastic. I mean that i wont pay one cent for the game, but i will get it for free from my nearby crack dealer. Just like AoE2:DE took one day to become free, so will AoE4 - praise Codex.
I wont give the source away, tho; otherwise i will problably be banned.

I’m not hyped for AOE4 too, but this is a bit of being unfair. Pirating a game isn’t really a good practice.

You didn’t pirate AOE 2 DE, did you?

1 Like

nop. You can even check my steam, i have all the aoe games except aoe1 there, but i never really played it anyway.
sometimes i think i should’ve, tho.

OK, fair point. But 2 things to consider:

1. Relic would never add an alternative to CoH
  2. The empire/civ count isn’t a lot during ww2 (Russia, Germany, USA - not an Empire, British, Japanese, some more) I don’t think you could make it more than like 10.

I’ll give it a shot!
Counties in WW2
Axis Powers: Germany Italy Japan Finland Hungary Spain Romania Bulgaria and Slovakia.
Allied Powers: United States Soviet Union United Kingdom China France Poland Greece Netherlands Belgium Norway India Canada Australia South Africa Ethiopia

There are more but thats like 24 right there and there was a lot of politics and switching sides in the early 1900s so the list isn’t exact.

There were two WORLD wars in the 1900s so the list of usable civs should be high.

2 Likes

But like, Third Reich != WW1 Germany like, at all

The alternative to coh and coh2, will be coh3! And relic if u are reading anything I’ve said before on this thread , please,please make CoH3 , by gawd! Please make it set in the Vietnam war!

1 Like

That sounds great! Unfortunately I have never seen good RTS from Vietnam:)