[AOE3 DE] [BUG] Campaign Reward Home City Cards Crash Game - Broken Selection State

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: V. 100.12.1529.0
  • PLATFORM: Microsoft Store

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

Please view the annotated screen capture below. It shows the Deck Builder UI in a broken state and should be self explanatory after reading the steps to reproduce.

In the after mission reward, after choosing reward cards, then entering the Deck Builder screen, the new card is both selected with a checkmark and also displaying as not selected, as in missing in the list of selected cards. Trying to then deselect the card from this state in the Deck Builder immediately crashes the game.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Complete a Campaign Mission (I am using the first campaign in Malta as the Home City). It must be a campaign mission that rewards a new card.
  2. Select a new card.
  3. Enter the Deck Builder and observe the broken selection state as described.
  4. Click the card with the checkmark to try and deselect it and the game will crash.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:question: What was supposed to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

On entering the Deck Builder, the new card would either already be selected or not be selected, not both (and not crash the game).

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

:question: What actually happened (what went wrong) because of the issue you’re reporting?

Per above, the game crashes. Please note that on reloading the game the cards are loaded correctly, but this bug is 100% reproducible when trying to select a newly unlocked card in the same session that it’s unlocked (the Home City screen after completing a campaign mission).

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

N/A, this is a campaign bug not a match specific bug

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

Annotated screen capture of broken Deck Builder screen attached.

1 Like

I encountered this issue as well. If you unselect then reselect it should appear. This fix is not ideal though.

I tried this, unfortunately for whatever reason on my system deselecting the card (when it’s not listed as selected in the rows above) crashes the game (the game just closes). Apparently for a lot of people it just reorders the list correctly after deselecting.

What I’m doing in the meantime is after picking cards, I close and reopen the Deck Builder a second time and that fixes this, but crash bugs should be fixed…

1 Like

I’ve been experiencing this as well last week, is this bug fixed now?