[Aoe3 DE] [BUG] Cannot Invite Players to Ranked TGs

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: Current Build as of October 18, 2020 (although the issue existed for me in all previous builds and in the beta as well).
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

When I attempt to play a Ranked Team Game, I am unable to invite other players to my team. I can accept invites from other players, but I cannot send the invite myself.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Go to the Ranked Game search menu.
  2. Click the button to invite teammates.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:question: What was supposed to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

I expect a menu to open where I can search for other players so I can send them an invite.

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

:question: What actually happened (what went wrong) because of the issue you’re reporting?

I receive a popup saying “Failed to bring up the invitation dialog. Try again shortly.”

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

• N/A

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

2 Likes

I have exactly the same issue.

1 Like

i had the Xbox Version (free bc of gamepass) and the invite menu would pop up, however i couldnt find out how to add friends from steam or newly made DE friends and invite them (let along message them or see if they online…), so i deleted it and got it on steam to play with brother, but i can’t invite him! i get invites from him and can accept them. however we experienced a terrible time trying to load up lobbies, so i do wonder if thats connected somehow…

I have the same issue and it is quite frustrating. Is there a known fix for this?

I was told this error occurs because I have some “Steam Overlay” disabled. Re-enabling that in your Steam settings should let you invite players again (I guess you could enable it to invite people and then disable it immediately afterwards if you want it off. I just have my friends invite me to games instead. Both solutions are suboptimal lol.)

1 Like