AOE3 - PUP NOTES

Have they changed something in this pup with the italian church techs? The carbine cav tech is only good in treaty or perhaps FFA/4v4 to get the faster fire rate and train time, I don’t think anyone would spend 2k wood on it otherwise in a normal game. That just leaves you with 1 extra church and the revolutionaries tech which costs over 2k res and only good if most of your settlers are dead.

Excellent update! Most of the changes are correct, and the top civs have been nerfed.

I have arrived late again (many months) to request in a large post/survey the acquisition of spanish arquebuisers to obtain a historical and competitive age II of pike and shoot (tercios).

If german (landwerhs) and now the portuguese (ordinance rifleman) have obtain them, we are closer…

@vividlyplain The unknown map is wonderful and never ceases to amaze me. Yesterday I had an amazing initial army with 1 bear + 2 chinese sentinels + spanish explorer + dogs. And a dojo! Really ty nice job guy!

6 Likes

small update today, any changes we should be aware of?

Buff the italy at treaty are very weak.also replace with card church the goons with carabinieri and crossbowmen with redshirts

Why are they doing this, giant grens should stay 3 pop they are OP when at 2 pop. Unless they are more expensive now, or their stats were nerfed. Since they were nerfed the Swedish can’t spam them and nobody has been playing Sweden especially on treaty.

they have 250 base hp now an their melee was reduced, a quite significant nerf, but their ranged attack is still the same.

2 Likes

Ah ok, their base hp didn’t use to be real high but people got cards and buffed them making them OP for the cost and 2 pop

Hahahaha they already did with earlier aztec changes, nothing new:

• They nerfed training time (several timed) of WPriests

• They removed fencing school effect on WP

• Then they changed Ixtilton to strenght them at plaza and nerf fertility dance and buildings HP age up (to compensate town dance)

• Then nerfed ixtilton card without reverting other nerfs.

2 Likes

The Aztec Warchief should be able to rebuild the American Citadel. And Asians should also be able to rebuild their consulate buildings, even Africans can rebuild anything they received through age ups and shipments, like churches/mosques and arsenals.

7 Likes

its how the DEvs continue to be. They buff a card, its too strong but they can’t possibly have made a mistake so they nerf the unit. unit is too weak now but they couldn’t possibly have made a mistake so they adjust some upgrade to be 60% instead of 50%. now the unit overperforms in treaty but they couldn’t possibly have made a mistake so they nerf a different card. now the unit is too weak but they couldn’t have possibly made a mistake so they add 1 range or some speed or some god-awful gimmick to the unit but THEN…

all this rather than revert a card in step one.

7 Likes

Second small request for the developers, when they fix the effects of the cards, Trattorias and Buenos Aires, they could make the Buenos Aires card also increase the limit of Lombards by +2. :pray:

Again Why Nerfing a Thing which is Solid for Almost 20 Years Lol. If You Do That Increase their damage to 40 Too. Lol

1 Like

Because they made lots of ottos other units better/cheaper.

4 Likes

Abus has been solidly in tier S almost 20 years.

The big problem with azap rush is the sublime porte (exhanges all food for x1.25 times the wood).

Not sure if this nerf 5w and 2sec are enough.

1 Like

The card should be the same amount of wood as food, no more. Wood gathers so much slower than food that exchanging 1500 food for 1500 wood is great by itself without the 25% extra.

3 Likes

What does removing tsgret lock from organ guns do in practice? Is that a, nerf or a buff?
Organ guns are criminally bad when compared with Swedish 2 pop cannons. Those are insane actually

with target lock as long as they lock on to a unit and you fire they will hit it even if the unit moves out of range by the time the shot gets fired. It was important for organ guns because they have quite a large delay between the time you attack and the firing animation.

Thank you for explaining, so it’s a nerf.

F

3 Likes

Mexicans"Plan of Miramare (IV)" still cannot work

This change affects mainly early 1v1 stages, and as you can see in vid Chinaco represents not a big deal vs std cav, that’s why I say this is not justified.

That is only available age 3 and above. If you want to enable them age 2 you need to sacrifice a card of the few 21 cards available, honestly I’ve never seen that card being used in high ELO.

Late game is a completely different story because every civ escalates differently depending on exclusive upgrades, map natives, team upgrades, etc.