AoE3DE Flag Maker Pack

header

Developer: King Julien / Brendan / EmpAhmadK
Current version: v.1.0.1.1 - Released on 15 October 2020
Download: Website

The Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition Flag Maker Pack is a tool which relies on the .PSD file format. It is made for the purpose of making it easier for people to make their own civilisation flags for Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition with as little work and skill required.

This tool does not require the ownership of Photoshop (see below) and can be used by anyone with a computer and access to the internet.

The tool comes with support for 7 different flag types (general flag, techtree flag, definitive UI button, legacy UI button, left postgame flag, right postgame flag, and object flag), each of them having their own visual instructions for the user’s ease of usage.

In addition to that, it also comes with a comprehensive visual guidebook, alongside a complete and thorough readme file for those seeking for more detailed information regarding the tool and how to use it.

Features:

As of the current version (v.1.0.1.1), this tool offers the following features:

• Supports 7 flag types
  • General Flag
    • Techtree Flag
    • Definitive UI Button
    • Legacy UI Button
    • Left Postgame Flag
    • Right Postgame Flag
    • Object Flag
  • Easy flat photo to effected result system
  • Visual instructions for every flag type
  • General tool visual guidebook (in .PDF format)
  • Readme file with complete information on the tool

Support:

If you have any troubles using the tool, feel free to contact me via the forum messages, or via Discord at EmpAhmadK#9589.

FAQ:

• Q1 - “I don’t have Photoshop, how do I use this tool?”
    A1 - The tool is made so that it could be use by almost everyone, with or without tools which requires additional payment, including Photoshop. This is why I’ve made the tool in a way that it could also be used by the online web browser based tool, Photopea.com, which allows you to edit .PSD files as if you’re using Photoshop. It’s a bit slower, but for the most part just the same.
  • Q2 - “Can I use the GNU Image Manipulation Program ###### instead?”
    A2 - No. The tool does not work on #### as there are a few features which it depends on that are missing on ############## * Q3 - “I opened the file, but I don’t know what to do.”
    A3 - Once you’ve opened the file, there will be a layer menu to the bottom left area of the interface. The topmost layer, titled “INSTRUCTIONS …” would contain all the instructions needed to operate the tool. Double-click the thumbnail icon of the layer, and you shall see the instructions enlarge.
    For more information, see the guidebook prepared in the .ZIP file.
  • Q4 - “Will there be any new features added soon, perhaps as the game updates?”
    A4 - As of now, I am always open to keeping the tool pack up to date, and as long as I’m still alive I should be looking forward to upkeeping the tool based on the game updates as well as based on suggestions from the community. You can find the latest release version on the website which would always have the latest version of the tool.
  • Q5 - “Are you King Julien, Brendan, or EmpAhmadK?”
    A5 - Ahmad is my real name, EmpAhmadK is my gaming name. Brendan is my online name, and King Julien is what I’m most known as over in the AoE3 modding community. So technically, I’m all three of them at the same time.

Credits:

• King Julien / Brendan / @EmpAhmadK
    Creator and Tool & Web Designer
  • Nishikige / Leon
    Beta Tester, Advisor, and Webmaster
  • Romny Hasagawa
    Beta Tester
  • MattTheLegoman
    Beta Tester
  • Special thanks to other people who helped me in this project in many different ways:
    • My sister
    • Mahidevran / Pepp
    • Devilschild / Dr. Maxy
    • Mandos
    • Klepht
    • Keremey
    • Dansil
    • Mido
    • Shinkuro Yukinari
    • The Clown
    • Jib / Candyypirate

Enjoy!

( Post updated by request of OP )

30 Likes

It looks great, and could you have time make a Consulate Flag PSD :smile:

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah, I’m actually already working on it, however, I’m facing a bit of a problem with the warping at the moment and I have an exam coming rather soon so I havent got to finishing it yet. But I’ll surely inform you once I finish it.
Thanks once again ^^

2 Likes

hi there, is the consulate flag psd finished yet? thanks

1 Like

I was just about to ask if this exists, lol you’re amazing.

1 Like

It’s still in the works. It requires a bit more work since it involves a more complex shape and position. I’ve got around to making the base template but still cannot quite get the right warping, and I haven’t had the time to sit down and work on it properly yet. I’ll let you know through this thread once it’s done, so you can follow the thread to be informed once it’s released.

A bit of a heads up - I’ve gotten the template to work finally, but there’s a bit of a catch which I’m trying to see if I could fix first. However, if I can’t work around it in like a week or so I’ll just publish it because it is possible to be used with no problem, but there’s just a slight compatibility issue.

If anyone is working on a project right now that requires the usage of this, feel free to send a private message to me over here, or on my Discord account at EmpAhmadK#9589 (no longer using the old username, but I can’t edit the main post to correct it.)

Meanwhile, have this teaser of what’s to come in the next version (kudos to those who can tell what flag that is xD)

2 Likes

:rotating_light: RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENT
:scroll: v.1.0.2.1 - Consulate, Age Up & Icons

Released: 1 December 2021

:warning: Important Update:

Before I resume to the changelog, I need to inform of an important matter that is I am no longer using the same Discord username as stated in the main post. I am now using @‌EmpAhmadK#9589, so please contact me through there for any inquiries. I would update the main post, but I’m not sure how to edit it at the moment since I’ve posted it a long time ago, but please let me know if I’m missing something out.

Changelog (v.1.0.2.1.):

This version adds/fixed the following matters:

• Added two (2) new flag types
    • Flag Icon (thanks to Ernestin1)
    • Consulate & Age Up Flag (thanks to Victoria, please see important note below)
  • Updated support contact info in the individual instructions, visual guidebook, and README file
  • Corrected spelling errors in the README file
  • Updated credits in the README file
  • Updated other aspects of the README file

Important Note:

The Consulate & Age Up Flag tool uses an advanced warping mechanism. As of the release of this version, Photopea.com and versions of Adobe Photoshop prior to 2020 do not support this system making the warping function non-functional in those versions. The filter or base flag still works as expected, however the warping would have to be done manually if you’re not using Adobe Photoshop 2020 or above.

I will try to work on fixing this as soon as we could by finding an alternative system, but this is the best I can come up with at the moment.

Support:

If you have any troubles using the tool, feel free to contact me via the forum messages, or via Discord at @‌EmpAhmadK#9589.

FAQ:

• Q6 - "The Consulate & Age Up Flag tool does not work as intended."
    A6 - If the warping does not work properly, it may be due to software version. Please refer to the important note section above.
  • Q7 - "I did not receive a response while contacting you via Discord."
    A7 - You may be contacting me through my old username as displayed on the main post. I am now using @‌EmpAhmadK#9589, you should be able to reach me through there.

Credits:

• King Julien / @EmpAhmadK
    Creator and Tool & Web Designer
  • Ernestin1
    Beta Tester and Resource Provider
  • Septafolia
    Beta Tester
  • Special thanks to other people who helped me in working on this version in many different ways:
    • Megan
    • Victoria
    • InconTheTeacher
    • JTMaston
    • and everyone who helped me during the first release.

Enjoy!

7 Likes

@TytannialX @KanciL2694 Just a heads up, the consulate flag tool has been made and is ready to be used!

2 Likes

:love_you_gesture: great.
The final problem needs to be fix by MS, show trade resource for eu civ. :neutral_face:

1 Like

@EmpAhmadK Hi there. The link doesn’t seen to work, can you help?

1 Like

Seems like author stopped support website. I had a link to Google Drive for this tool^

5 Likes

Does anyone still have the version v.1.0.2.1 for download? This mod looks incredible.

Hi,
I’m very sorry for disappearing without a trace, I was away from home for months and had extremely limited internet access. I will resend the link to the latest version, and hopefully even keep updating as I plan to. Unfortunately the website I used to display the link is no longer up and running, so I will provide a new one later and a direct link to the Google Drive. I’m currently outside, but I will return home in a few hours so I should hopefully be able to share it then. Apologies again for the inconvenience.

5 Likes

thanks a lot!, i really appreciate all your work. n.n

1 Like

:rotating_light: RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENT

:scroll: v.1.0.2.2 - New webpage & mirror links

Released: 2 December 2022

:warning: Important Update:

The previous website is no longer in service. I am now running this tool under my own domain at http://aoe3de-flagmaker.ahmadalikarim.com/. This should be active for as long as I am using this domain which would most probably be throughout most of my life, but if anything happens to it, I have also prepared a direct link to the releases folder on Google Drive (here).

Changelog (v.1.0.2.2.):

This version adds/fixes the following matters:

• Updated webpage
    • Support for the old link at the AoE3 Modding Network website has come to an end. We would like to extend our greatest gratitude to Nishikige @ Leon for hosting our old webpage on the site.
  • Corrected spelling errors in the README file
  • Updated credits in the README file
  • Updated other aspects of the README file

Support:

If you have any troubles using the tool, feel free to contact me via the forum messages, or via Discord at @‌EmpAhmadK#9589.

FAQ:

Credits:

• King Julien / @EmpAhmadK
    Creator / Tool & Web Designer / Webmaster
  • Special thanks to other people who helped me in working on this version in many different ways:
    • Nishikige / Leon
    • Victoria
    • InconTheTeacher
    • and everyone who helped me during the previous releases.

Enjoy!

5 Likes

Thank you for re-uploading the mod! I’ve tested this mod and it’s totally possible to mod a flag using Photopea only.

For the “Consulate & Age Up Flag” you just need to manually re-size and re-position the flag on Photopea (I have attached a screenshot below as an example).

One issue this mod has is that the “Right Postgame Flag” does not work properly on Photopea. The layer image would disappear once the smart object is being updated. One solution to this is to horizontally flip the “Left Postgame Flag” you created in order to get the “Right Postgame Flag”. Otherwise this mod is perfect.

4 Likes

I’ll try to look into the issue with the right postgame flag, thanks for informing!

Hi, I want to let everyone knows that the recent updates on Photopea.com fixed the “Consulate & Age Up Flag” and the “Right Postgame Flag” issues mentioned above. This mod can now work perfectly on Photopea.com.

If the developer wants to further develop this mod, one suggestion I would make is to include the European Expeditionary Army icons from the asian consulate building.

4 Likes

The Expeditionary icons should be replicable using the Flag Icon, as it is catered for those. I am, however, planning to add the one for planted inspiration flags. I should hopefully finish that one before March, as I’m currently working on other modification projects.