AOE5 could be in development

All I’m trying to say is that at any point, even with any amount of developer resource on AoE IV, CoH 3 has less units on-screen and in any game. That’s why it can look better.

That doesn’t mean AoE IV can’t look better than it does right now. But you raised CoH 3 as an example, and I wanted to explain the difference with that game. That’s all.

1 Like

But there are other games that achieve quality even with a gigantic army and fighting against several factions on the same map.

Some examples:

• The “TOTAL WAR” game series, which needs no introduction, has several games in this series.
  • The old game “Supreme Commander”, in its time, also did something incredible.
  • We have the launch/development of the new game called “Sanctuary: Shattered Sun” which also promises great battles.

Those games weren’t being compared, so I wasn’t talking about them. jimmy mainly references CoH 3 (entirely fairly) as a game on the same engine developed by the same original company behind AoE IV (Relic).

I don’t want to bog down the thread with talking about game engines and how they can differ.

Yes, I understand the difference in engines and this can really affect how much more polished or more unit-filled a game can be. I just wanted to show other games with different engines that can be massive.

But,
In my opinion, the problem with AoEIV is in the textures and not in the 3D models (with some exceptions), and this graphic texture could be changed if the company was interested.
Many indie games tend to make big changes to textures (even because it is something easy to do, they are just “skins”), traditional companies rarely do anything to improve, unless they bring up such a big controversy that they feel obliged to do something due to the repercussion caused.

Yes, I think Relic is a good developer, but having 2 teams working on two games at the same time can affect some things in both games since while they are improving the graphics of CoH 3 they are also working on the new DLC for AoE4…

Yes, they will do like last year, they will release the new DLC with the season 9 and then with season 10 they will release a new graphic update…