AoEO Memory Thread

Here is the link to the Age of Empires Online memory thread from the old forums. As a reminder the old forums are locked and will not allow new posts / replies, however I thought this might be something nice to look back on:)

https://forums.castlesiegegame.com/topic/1160-the-aoeo-memory-thread/

Well bit disappointed to see Age of Empires Online now being related to Castle Siege… It’s like relating gold to coal.

We would love a return of this game

@Noidea said:
Well bit disappointed to see Age of Empires Online now being related to Castle Siege… It’s like relating gold to coal.

Not really being related to Castle Siege, we are keeping the past posts from all of the game’s forums over there since there was no way to move it all, so it’s still with all the other AoE games as well:) You could always start a new AoEO Memories thread here, I’m sure a lot of people would hop in it!

Memories Come Alive !!!
AOEO4EVER :slight_smile:

One of the best strategy games of all time.

Best? I dont know perhaps they made it better after I mquit but AoMO was a disaster when I played it.
It was blatant pay to win, the worst kind of scam. Also way to small scaled.

lol

@smitske said:
Best? I dont know perhaps they made it better after I mquit but AoMO was a disaster when I played it.
It was blatant pay to win, the worst kind of scam. Also way to small scaled.

People might dislike it, but it was a great game! A combination between Age of Empires 2 with Age of Mythology and it has MMORPG elements, it was a fantastic game! a well-built master piece IMHO

I disagree regarding P2W, if you’re talking about PVP matches, you can play the mode where items are disabled so everyone can show their playstyle fair and square … not to mention it got many stuff to do such as daily quests, treasure hunts, crafting, etc …

if you played AOEO at launch you may say it was bad game but final version made game to be best aoe game.

also it wasn’t P2W at all. One problem with game was that after they changed premium system they went true-free-to-play where older players didn’t have any reason to use money as they earned a lot premium currency . Example i only bought starter pack with real money and then i bought everything else with in-game premium currency that i earned

Yes, the final build of the game was the best build of any AoE game.

@“Andy P” said:

it sure was

@“Andy P” said:

Have to agree, the core gameplay was good, but the grind and cartoony graphics remained.
The initial release was sad though, lacking many features the old games had.

There was not and has not been any game created on the level of original AoE.

@VikramAC said:
There was not and has not been any game created on the level of original AoE.

Until now…

It probably released too early and was too grindy but I didn’t mind the cel-shaded graphics (I know they did divide opinion though, not unlike Zelda - Windwaker). I do miss it though as already said the core was good and I did enjoy playing co-op

the force is strong on AOEO :slight_smile:

^rethink about it!

Lets see if I have this right. MS decides to close a game that is only a few years old and that people paid for with money or time or both and remember time is money. Then they offer a mobile game that is very similar to many other mobile games already on the market. Then they recycle a bunch of 10 to 20 year old games with updates to get people to spend their money to buy games that they have bought before. So with this business plan it should be just a matter of time before AOEO is back open and available to purchase. Stop with the GFWL excuses and other excuses and make AOEO available again already.

@ExemptedPlanet0 said:
Lets see if I have this right. MS decides to close a game that is only a few years old and that people paid for with money or time or both and remember time is money.

I was so disappointed as the one that most when AOEO closed. But we should be fair. I paid not big amount for this game and enjoyed playing it for around three thousand hours. We all have paid for sure much more money for other games which are only payable for few dozens of hours…