AOM2 might get announced 25h of October!

AoM DE with new DLC is coming soon, AoM 2 is not planned, also not in future. sorry.

1 Like

I think AoM2 could be different enough to allow both games to coexist.
AoM2 could be closer to WC3 or SC2 with more unique units that have more unique abilities that can’t exist in a historical game.
And also a lot more asymmetric civilisations.

1 Like

If they are doing a DE I think they should seriously revisit the additions in Tales of the Dragon.

• Chinese myth units have too many reused animations and abilities. Also the god powers. They do not look new and appealing enough.
  • Units added to older civs are poorly done. Eg. Egyptian swordsman uses a dagger and has a punching animation.
1 Like

How do you know this?

1 Like

Would like to know this too where he got that insider information.

I personally would love to see a new AoM2 cause if obvious reasons (the possibility to be made by CA could be really nice) but i would totally appreciate a DE too as long as not only visuals but also animations and are improved and some units overhauled.

1 Like

As much as I love AoM it hasn’t aged very well in my opinion so if they just make AoMDE with just some animation updates & graphical upgrades then I’m not interested at all.

The only way I’ll be OK and happy is for them to announce AoMDE that gets as much love as AoE2DE or AoE3DE and also confirm that an AoM2 is on its way but that it will take some time but no one will care because we will have AoMDE to play in the meantime.

As far as Aom2 is concerned, I expect them to keep the old civs while also introducing new ones to the game, because AoM is not AoM without the Greeks, Egyptians, and Norse (Atlantians too).

I’d love to see the same love for AoE1 as well, the DE for that was just a disaster and not really well done.

2 Likes

I totally agree with this. Tried the Chinese DLC and well some things are good but improvable and some are really underwhelming - but especially compared to the old civs.
Just recently played the beta of the Aztec mod and even units need to be polished there as well as some bugs fixed the Aztec mod has more depth, uniqueness and better myth units (and animations) than the official Chinese DLC which is kinda ridiculous but BIG thumbs up to the Aztec devs. (if you didn’t tried this mod out you defiantly should!)

I like the more wooden approach of the Chinese buildings and also the Voiceover but as mentioned the campaign is just “okay” too many units are recycled - especially the myth units are often boring, weak (except for dragon and tiger) und often look just not good. - same goes to god powers (except the hilarious looking but cool earth dragon). Really needs much improvement.

Also honourable mention: there is a subtle mod which makes the fields for every faction including Chinese unique and guys it adds so much flair and uniqueness to the different factions even it’s just a mod for fields. Definitely recommend it (and stuff like this should be also taken into a DE)

1 Like

Well, my guess here is that AoM: DE will be announced this year, and the next year we will get AoM 2 official announcement.

BUT, considering its 25 anniversary, it wouldn’t be so mad to believe that may they announce both things, AoM: DE coming next year, and AoM 2 is in progress…

Honestly, I’ve been waiting for an AoM 2 sequel my whole life, if it ever gonna happens, I hope they make it like Starcraft 2 or Halo Wars 2. Keep all the old factions (civs and gods) and add new stuff and new civs (Japanese and Aztecs :heart_eyes: )

2 Likes

I like Aussie Drongo well enough but this video was pure clickbait.

There is ZERO EVIDENCE of a new AOM anywhere.

I’m a big fan and would love it but this is just silly.

These are so far-fetched it’s like those theories where like 56+44 are numbers found randomly somewhere and if it equals 100 then that must mean like christ is coming.

It’s just squares. They didn’t ‘forget’ to put something if the square was containing something else than what you thought should be there.

I disagree as well, why would you need a ‘DE’ version where you generally pay more for the same thing, is it already a tradition? It’s like if you scam someone, then they expect to be scammed ‘when is the scam happening next, i want to rebuy the same thing 3 times!’, it’s like you are now ‘expecting’ to pay them more $.

I would like to see AoMDE and maybe a revamp of players, fix bugs or performance issues after they sort of left AoMEE in that state (especially crashes), but I wasn’t a big supporter of ‘DE’ in the first place; it did add improvements but it seemed kindoflike a redundant cashgrab in a way. They didn’t even offer a discount for people who owned the existing one already, I only got it for 5$ later which is ok for that work.

1 Like

Just squares? Don’t you know how things work? Puzzles are everywhere. I could be wrong, yeah. But I think that little square -with an AGE OF MYTHOLOGY image- means something. And for me clearly they wanted to tell us something…

Taken from pcgamer.com:

2 Likes

AoMDE is definitely coming, the question is if AoM2 is also on its way or not.

1 Like

Yeah I agree that the square isn’t there for nothing. It definitely means something also that every other age title has 2 pics but AoM and AoE2 not. The rest might really be just speculation and hopes but this is definitely a hint. At least for a DE.

1 Like

The fact that the developers keep on saying that they haven’t forgotten about AoM and that they see us requesting it every day, sounds promising.

At least in regards to AoMDE, if AoM2 is also on its way that remains to be seen. Fingers crossed for both!

3 Likes

I was playing AOM yesterday i thought “damn i really want a DE of this game”
Better optimized multiplayer
Make the chinese Civ better… speaks for itself​:joy: and give them a different Titan please…:joy:
Better mod support, like age 4
Better graphics
Color picking
Make the Multiplayer run better, when me and my friends play Mp its always a lag fest…
More Civs hopefully…
Bigger maps😳 i like Huge maps and i know im alone in that one haha
Etc etc.
Aom just deserves a DE version… and of course in the future a Second entry

4 Likes

Oh and lets not forget this one from Jeff Grubb

3 Likes

I never played multiplayer cause no friends who play video games anymore xD but surely understand this issue and saw it lag on YouTube videos.

And even bigger maps? Count me in for sure! I mean medium sized maps okay why not but who plays on small map sized maps? I always went big maps :smiley:

Edit: when „just“ a DE happens which I would be also already very happy about I still would like to see a few adjustments even over many new cubs personally.
Beside at least slightly better animations I would also like to see for example:

• a more dense forest (either that or let units path through trees but would prefer denser forests for a DE)
  • visible upgrades for all units especially myth units
  • a few more balanced units especially heroes and myth units here (I personally think some heroes are too strong and some myth units like e.g. Androids, Mantikors, Trolls and a few others are too weak)

Would this be part of a DE? cause I think this stuff is more or less necessary

2 Likes

Can’t wait for Myth news. It has basically already been confirmed. I really think it will be AoM:DE with a lot of new content + continued support. AoM2 wouldn’t be better than that imo.

We will probably see updated graphics, AI, campaigns, bug fixes, new units, techs and a new pantheon or two

5 Likes

I personally think that AoMDE is more likely then AoM2.
But if AoM2 will happen then likely AoMDE will happen before it.

There is a good chance that they announce both but release them a year or more apart.

October is also the 20th anniversary of AoM. I think we have a reason to be upset if we still hear nothing till the end of the month.

4 Likes