AOM2 might get announced 25h of October!

Yeah agree, would be strange, talking about how they didn’t forget about it but then show nothing for its 20th birtday

3 Likes

I was thinking about AOM 2 and i thought wouldn’t it be cool if they added a leveling system for Heroes, LIke Battle for middle earth has, nothing deep but each level just make them slightly stronger and maybe give them a power around level 5 and 10

3 Likes

I like this idea and I love the bfme games.
I think it can work quite well for AoM too.

2 Likes

nice idea. i personally already thought about a rank upgrade to every unit gaining xp during fights like “hoplite gained x xp by killing/helping killing x enemy and rise in rank to veteran. veteran = slighlty more health and dmg” or something like that.
never played Battle for middle earth but i played other strategy games which had such kind of a system as far as i remember.

• for heroes, like you wrote already, it could be even more advanced and i agree with that. but for that we, in my honest opinion, need more unique heroes. don’t get me wrong i like the pharaoh, the hersir etc but i always was bothered by the fact we never had named characters with more unique looks and voice like we had for the greek. and if we add such a leveling system to heroes i really think heroes should feel and look more unique and important. (tbh even i like the atlanteans aesthetic, i never was - and you can hate me for that :smiley: -a big fan of the hero upgrade mechanic like “you, and you, everyone can be a hero” - i mean its a nice message but it makes the role less interesting, less important and overall way too easy achievable (even we have to spend resources i know)

chinese and the aztec mod i tried try to make something between egypt, norse and atlanteans which i think is better than atlantean upgrade mechanic but still not as good compared to greek. (egypt is the closest we get to greek hero system at the moment just give the pharaoh names and let them look a bit different. - and reduce the amount of priest you can produce to maybe like 10)

well at least my point of view and opinion i already roughly had in my mind years ago regarding that topic.

Yeah, but as we get closer to the 25th, I think there are more and more signs that AoM wont be getting any notice from the developers. Each day there is some announcement either for AoE IV, or the DE versions of AoE 2 and 3. Also, they keep reiterating the three games (their words), so it seems like there wont be any AoM DE or AoM 2 after all.

Maybe, but the only difference between AoEDE, AoE2DE, AoE3DE, and AoEIV is that all of those games are already released so they can talk about those more freely.

Compared to AoM we haven’t gotten any official confirmation yet about AoMDE or AoM2 so they can’t talk about it until the 25th of October if that’s the date they will say something. They know we fans want AoM news, and this is the perfect opportunity.

If they don’t it’s a totally epic fail from their side.

2 Likes

It’s been a year since AOE4 was released and not a peep about AOM:DE.

This is NOT GOOD. Despite what they said a few years ago it looks very much like they have forgotten AOM.

Agreed! Let’s just hope they announce at least a DE version of AoM on the 25th. But keeping in mind historical evidence, chances are that they might simply announce AoM themed events for AoE 2 DE, 3 DE, and IV. That way they can say they haven’t forgotten about the game and recognize its 20th anniversary without announcing anything for AoM at all. I know I’m playing devil’s advocate and I really hope I’m wrong.

1 Like

I really can’t see them doing just a themed event for AoM in the other games as that would be a big slap in the face for the AoM community. I hope that at least AoM DE will be announced, not so much for AoM2 anymore.

I mean the community can probably do just as good themed events in the other AoE games as them, so that shouldn’t be what they are aiming for, it’ll be a failure.

Again, you’re completely right. But then, look at what happened to AoE DE. They released the DE version for the first game, and then, nothing. Not a single DLC or expansion. Its like the game doesnt even exist for them anymore. So much for this being the 25th anniversary. And its not like the time period did not have more cultures. In fact, I prefer that time period which is one of the reasons why I prefer AoM over the other games.
And AoE DE is also an example of what you said, a slap in the face for the community, because the community has been asking for something for the first game since it was first released. As far as I know, those requests are falling on deaf ears.

I 100% agree that what they did to AoE DE is nothing more than disrespect to that game and to the whole AoE franchise as everything started with that game.

I also agree that ancient times to me is far more interesting and enjoyable for me than medieval times.

I just hope that they have learned from their mistakes, considering that every DE version afterward has been much better, so fingers crossed that AoM will not suffer the same fate as AoE DE.

I’d LOVE to see new content for AoE DE as well. Those two games are what I want to hear the most 25th of October.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly!

1 Like

AoE DE didnt get updates or changes of new dlc or content to keep the feeling of aoe 1 how it is.

Expectation: They haven’t forgotten about AoM and we’re getting a DE for AoM on October 25th.

Reality: <Please come back on October 26th to verify if you were right or wrong...>

That’s all we have, sadly. Not even a word or announcement, but I still believe… I wanna believe AoM DE is coming

This is so true. Hopefully this won’t be the same situation for AoM… :frowning:

1 Like

we can hope that the best thing they got for us is a DE/Remaster announcment and at the very leaset a new DLC. I pry that it’s not another stupid shirt or any other merch for that matter.

4 Likes

My personal preference is AoM DE, with new civs and content!

Here my dream with Hinduism pantheon

7 Likes

Sounds like a great idea, but I don’t think the developers will be willing to use an existing mythology. Especially one with such touchy followers.

Lets hope for the best

2 Likes

I liked that comment cause I like that comment. Straight to the point.

Smite has the Hindu pantheon I don’t see any problem with it added to AoM DE.

1 Like