AOM2 might get announced 25h of October!

I kinda would feel like AoM2 would be AoM:DE, if the DE version comes with new civs. Otherwise, an AoE2 would be something entirely different from the current game, is that what people want?

Like, compare AoE2 to AoE3, or 4. I personally want the base game, but I haven’t heard of what (quite literally) anyone else thinks, does the community prefer a new game with new mechanics, cultures (and maybe not including some of the current ones), when asking for AoM2?

But i think AOM:DE this doing to new civs Japan India maya and Aztec i don’t know talking about for possible 25th get

good question. I personally like the original version but I think it’s improvable and some things could get more advanced or mixed up a bit. I am all for nostalgia and all for certain feelings but I would like to see a bit of a new touch I wouldn’t get mad about a few changes (as long as those changes are something I would like to see :stuck_out_tongue: ) I mean I would be all for a DE especially when there is no AoM2 planned. But generally I would prefer an AoM2 cause of the changes I would like to see which a DE wouldn’t deliver I think.

Some of these changes I would like to see beside additional new civs (or which a DE could also deliver):

• regarding norse I would like to see special unique heroes not only with names but also in looks like we have for the greeks. I know the favour mechanic is based around spamming herser but this could be changed easily by letting all norse military units gain favour through fighting.

• I also wouldn’t mind to see an additional major god for each faction (cause yes I personally think gods like Osiris, Hera and Hel could deserve a major god spot)

• I also personally wouldn’t mind to see a few changes to myth units looks/feel and their spot in the ages like e.g. I wouldn’t mind to see cyclops getting into heroic age aswell as trolls for example (cyclopses are already one of the strongest classical age units) and I want to see trolls throwing big rocks instead of stones (personally speaking) also please I would LOVE to see manticores and behemoths more badass.

• I also would like to see a bit of verticality on maps (a bit more than a few hills) like canyons and cliffs maybe giant bridges? Letting cyclopses and minotaurs throw soldiers down into the depths. Maybe let units pass threw certain forests and streams (also mud?) but massively slowing down their movement or giving them a debuff maybe.

• different types of weather? improved day/night cycle?

• I also like the music at the beginning of each Match unique to each culture (Chinese one is really great here aswell!) but I would personally like/wish to hear the music through the hole match.

• letting human soldiers walk on walls (similar like in AoE4 - I personally didn’t mind the jump/beam onto the walls but yeah it seems it’s vulnerable for bugs)

• make myth units generally a bit more expensive but also a lot stronger to make them more special and let classical myth units still beat a few myth age soldiers relative easily

• maybe (just maybe) toggable animations between flying and ground mode for units like griffons, dragons and manticores etc?

Just a few things which I think would generally make more sense for AoM2 would generally make more sense at least for me maybe i am wrong tho.

4 Likes

Ah yes, I forgot about other games like Smite and Raji that use Indian mythology. Perhaps the developers can include cultures like Hinduism then. That would be great!

2 Likes

I feel like most of these can be done with a DE, actually. Since each civ is so different, I wouldn’t be surprised if any followup expansions for DE would have more changes than simply adding a civ/two. I think - don’t quote me on it - the DE version for AoE3 has already revamped some things in the game?

It’d also depend on what engine they’d use, again - not very knowledgeable, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they’d use some other engine for the game. Perhaps that’d also allow for units on walls, though I’m not sure if that’d be a priority change. Would be fun to see mythical units walk on walls too.

Maybe next year then.
*nvm, although still, maybe next year then: I doubt that even if they’re beginning the project, it’s going to finished soon

Honestly, AoM: DE has a better chance of getting announced than AoM2 because AoM: DE is a needed priority over AoM2.

1 Like

It is time. Let us pray together brothers. Can I get a Prostagma? Maybe even a Malista?

Microsoft really needs to throw us a bone, especially considering the hints that were thrown our way.

5 Likes

Agreed. Let’s see if all those clues finally lead us to a DE version of a great game on its 20th anniversary, that’s what I’m expecting seriously.
If not, what a disappointment…
Today’s the day for something really special and epic, hopefully.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/Ageofmyth/status/1584959727922196480
There you go.

4 Likes

Yes! Something finally! I nearly cried remembering the old trailer of AoM ^^

retold seems a nice title and definitive edition is great news (I still hope there is space for an AoM2 later on the next years tho :P) really happy

And to all the extreme pessimist: I understood your negativity caused by fear but hey be happy now, you were wrong! :smiley:

@ElRangerBlanco you can now party the hole day/night (depending on where you live :smiley: ) lets hope we see gameplay soon!

3 Likes

AoM2 is now more likely I would say when we got AoM Retold! FINALLY

2 Likes

FINALLYYYYYYYY, The gods have heard us!!

1 Like

Is this AoMDE, AoM2 or AoM remade in a new engine (not the AoE3DE engine but probably the AoE4 engine)?

This is the DE of AoM just like they did with the previous AoE Titles :slight_smile:
Hopefully AoM2 will be announced later in the future!

1 Like

DE…

Definitive Treatment to AoM implies it is changing the original

If it was AoMDE then they would have called in AoMDE.
If it was AoM2 they would have told it AoM2.

The trailer only showed Greeks and Egyptians, no Norse, Atlantians or Chinese.

Maybe it is a remake or reboot and not a remaster. Retold will not be a sequel.

That’s why I think it might be AoM but in a different engine like the AoE4 engine.
That also means maybe less content on release because it won’t include the Expansions.

Bringing the Definitive Edition treatment to Age of Mythology, the game will feature beautiful graphics, updated gameplay and more. Stay tuned…

So it sounds like DE

3 Likes

The frosty area with viking type axes is implying Norse too, no?

1 Like

It clearly shows Mjölnir.

2 Likes