Are You Tired of European Civilizations in DLC(poll)

I have seen lots of arguing about this, and it is interesting to me to know more.

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

Iā€™m tired of polls if i am tired of european civilisations tbh.

25 Likes

I donā€™t care, I want the swiss
They defined medieval warfare
They are not part of the EU
Please

16 Likes

Thatā€™s the poll where I leave my vote :slight_smile:

• I enjoy and I will enjoy every expansion for AoE II, no mater what continent it focuses on

0 voters

9 Likes

Being a Brazilian, and thus, having zero hope my country will ever be represented in the game, I can safely say I just want more content and options for the game, regardless of the region involved. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Thats fine but i made this poll because everyone keeps saying: ā€œWe are all sick and tired of Europeā€. this poll isnā€™t about whether you like expansions

2 Likes

Itā€™s just the usual suspects that always claim that their ā€œpositionā€ would be the ā€œoneā€ of everybody else.
Itā€™s just how they argue to win the arguments they created themselves.

13 Likes

Hey, you have the Portuguese! Isnā€™t it something? Heh. Iā€™m Argentine and I should be content with the Spanish. Actually, the Inca are the closest native american civilization to my homeland. Their sun god Inti is featured in our flag. I guess Peruvians and Mexicans are the winners in the contest of ā€œwhose non-European country made it to Age of Empiresā€.

Seriously now, the developers of the game are descendants of Europeans and the game will always be eurocentric. They have already done a lot to explore the world history and include different people. Most importantly, you need to have the mindset of the people back then - Europe wasnā€™t a thing. Franks, Teutons and Spanish were like different worlds alltogether.

9 Likes

well of course this game take place from the dark age to the early renaissance why would it have Brazilians?

5 Likes

I mean, I did a poll a while ago and Europe did really badly.

https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/poll-the-future-of-dlcs-and-what-would-you-like-them-to-see-on-them/154100/72

1 Like

Yes and no. Iā€™d really like another DLC that doesnā€™t focus on Europe (at least two or three in a row), but if they go back to Europe after giving us more non-Euro civs, I would gladly accept them.

4 Likes

No Iā€™m not tired of european civs. :smiley:

4 Likes

Thereā€™s no between option for me sadly. Iā€™m tired of Western European civs, for me personally (and my first priority) only the Caucasus feels like the missing ā€œEuropeanā€ region while Swiss would be somewhat of a stretch.

My 2nd priority are Indian split civs while my 3rd is more Asian civs.

3 Likes

Mountain Lords DLC - Adding the Swiss, Georgians and Armenians with the latter two with a new build set along with Bulgarians and Byzantines. Three campaigns - Rise of Swiss Confederacy, Tamar the Great and Leo the Great of Armenia!

8 Likes

Throw in Serbia (also mountainous country) in there with Bulgarian and Byzantine set and you have a deal :wink:

5 Likes

As Iā€™ve stated elsewhere - Iā€™d be fine with more European civs AFTER we get more civs elsewhere. the last 3 DLC have focused mostly on Europe and I believe that we should show Africa, India, and other regions a little love.

9 Likes

Am I tired of European civilizations in the DLCs? No.
Would I prefer non-European civilizations in the next DLCs? Absolutely.

14 Likes

Depends what you define as European I think Georgians are a must, but I donā€™t think they fully count as European
After thatā€¦ Maybe? just focus on others first, I wouldnā€™t mind Wallachians and Serbians after some Caucasian, Indian and African DLCs

2 Likes

The options are kind of reductive, I think we need a differenciation to be made between those who are tired at the moment but would be okay with a return to Europe after the rest of the world has received some attention, and those who donā€™t want any new European civs ever (which may be like two people). Among others.

4 Likes

As you and others have stated, ā€˜everyone is tired of Europeā€™ is what I picked up.