Armored Elephant Glitchy Animation

Game Version: 1.3.22960.2

• Build 22960

Issue:

When armored elephant units attack their animation in definitive edition mode is glitchy and not smooth as it is in classic mode.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Produce armored elephant units in definitive edition mode
  2. Task the armored elephant units to attack other units or a building and observe the glitchy animation.

Armored Elephant Animation - Classic Mode

Armored Elephant Animation - Definitive Edition Mode

This issue was originally reported by @FilipGeorg995 here: The two major AI problems

4 Likes

This has been an issue since beta…not sure why this would occur unless they messed up the frame placement for the animations

1 Like

Fix armored elephant animation attack! please!

When attacking, it seems that he was attacking with his butt or attacking sideways.

3 Likes

Game Version:
Build: 36211
Platform: Steam
Operating System: Windows 10

Issue:
Good day, dear developers! Today, when playing on a random map, I found that armored (only armored) elephants attack 45 degrees to the right. In other words, the attack animation is incorrect. Please fix it!

1 Like

Yes, I can confirm. This bug only happens to armored elephant. War elephant is unaffected.

2 Likes

This bug is still present in update 38862.

4 Likes

Indeed it is. Did not seem to change at all.

3 Likes

As far as I can tell it seems, that armored elephant has some missing frames in attack animation.

5 Likes

Exactly. Unfortunately it wasn’t fixed in update 38862 :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

It is very bad(((((((

2 Likes

Hero Hannibal is affected as well, as it shares the same unit type:
ArmoredElephantBuggyAnimsotherangle

2 Likes

This bug is still present in update 46777.

2 Likes

They are already planning the next update, probably it will come soon!

2 Likes

This bug has been around since the release. I guess it’s one of those “when will it be ready?” Things.
Soon ™️
How soon?
When it’s ready © ® ™️

4 Likes

Unfortunately, I also have identified already some old problems that still show up as well.
Probably the devs will never spent on this game the same time they do with the other two, but this last update is a signalization by them that they listen to us and are aware of the issues and demands we point out! But I hope that this means a turning point on their schedule of updates for it.

3 Likes

Can’t developers just copy the animations from War Elephant to Armored Elephant? :roll_eyes: I guess not?

1 Like

They don’t look same so its not possible you have to make different frames. If you would use same animations for missing part you would have some animation war elephant and some with armored elephant.

2 Likes

It’s near middle of 2021, for a game that was released at 2018 and this, which could be fixed ASAP if it is a bug for either AOE 2 DE or AOE 3DE, but for AOE DE is left here!!! cmon fix this.

6 Likes

Well at least they haven’t said working as intended like War Gaming would say :wink:

1 Like

Armored elephants from AoE1:DE vs. war elephants from AoE2:DE:

2 Likes