Artillery foundary still crashing games ! + ENABLE AGE3YREC UPLOADS!

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 100.12.6847.0
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

Here is the problem I’m experiencing…
Every damn time i kill artillery foundary the damn game crashes.
Fix this asap.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Just destroy an Artillery foundary.
  2. Enjoy free elo loss
  3. Happy crashing.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:question: What was supposed to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
That the game doesnt crash obv.

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

:question: What actually happened (what went wrong) because of the issue you’re reporting?
Games crashing…

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (RENAME ME TO AGE3YREC.aoe2record (3,2 MB) ) of the match where you encountered the issue.
Add freaking age3yrec to be able to upload, what sh… is that that we can only upload files with .aoe2record, in the AOE3 Forum ! Damn guys, why do we need to tell you such things. Its your website… Just a bit of thinking.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

3 Likes

no point to try to upload a replay if ur game crashed because it always says that the record game is invalid…

now to the topic are u sure u didnt destroy an house at the same time ?

1 Like

i can confirm , i killed an artillery foundry too once, and it crashed

Nah its been 5 times now only with arty foundary. Ottoman and spain.
Also its not about uploading a rec file for this only, its in general a thing that HAS to be possible.
They cant think we have to use a 3rdparty website to upload the ■■■■ THEY need to fix the game.

1 Like

in the beta forum u could upload but now u cant for some reason :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you for the report! The team is currently tracking this issue. If you have any crash logs that you can provide here or to our support team, please do so to ensure that our Test team can successfully identify and fix the root cause of the issue.

Thanks again!

I had this issue, And I’ve never have got it again. Having V Sync ON causes this. Disabling it might help you.

Only thing is that if you disable V sync. Games run at High FPS even if it doesn’t show. And when games run that high. Sound gets buggy. And game start to stutter/freeze and requires a restart after 1st game or 2nd game and so on. heh

You have a test team? J/k…thanks for your continued communication here.

When is the next patch coming out?

I checked the logs, sionce the game crashed no logs were created at that time.

You know, vsync doesnt matter for me, since im running a 165HZ screen. So it would pump up to 165 FPS anyway.

Here we go again:
Ottoman artillery destroyed = crash.

Age3Log.txt (2,2 KB)
i also created a crash dump, even tho its 17.1GB big, u want me to upload ?
Edit: I compressed the .dmp to 3.4 GB

Uploaded crash dmp: https://mega.nz/file/wY9mgLZT#Q0vupJxIaBSjMy6T3Lno1JjzJ3BUSnEgMMjsIgPVd_0

because u play only 1v1 and its super rare to happen there

In Nvidea control panel you can set a hard limit for your fps, probably you can fix your sound problem this way when you have vsync off

What has this to do with my crashing when a certain building gets destroyed?

Check if your game stills crashes with Vsync turned off