Asia map needs new mercenaries and outlaws

We all know that in addition to the Asian map, Europe and Africa have added a lot of mercenary units that have gone out in history, and some outlaws, but the Asian map is still an antique left over from the Asian dynasty in 2007 and is full of stereotypes. I hope to add more Asian mercenaries, such as Korean arquebus shooters, Singijeon(신기전), and turtle ships. Japanese ,赤備え(あかぞなえ )horo (母衣), Chinese Manchurian solon soldiers, tiger rattan shields. and hongyipao Indian Sikh cavalry etc…

3 Likes

Sauron Soldiers?!
Battle for Middle Earth crossover confirmed

2 Likes

I’m so sorry I misspelled the word and made a joke,solon is right 。The bravest soldiers of the Qing Dynasty

2 Likes

I made a post about how to improve the outlaws:

Most of these mercenaries you’re suggesting should just be standard units for future civs like Korea.

That being said, Tiger Warriors should definitely be a thing. They should rework Rattan Shields into them and then give the Shaolin Temple a unit that’s a monk with a polearm like a quarter staff or a monk’s spade.

1 Like

I think it’s better to let them use Shaolin sticks than crescent shovels

This is a great idea for disciples once they get White Pagoda!
Literally just add the polearm and it is already perfect.

Mercenaries have included more and more “elite guard units” that do not fit into the regular roster than the actual mercenaries in history.
That’s a big potential. Eg you can now add units like mounted samurai or matchlock samurai without messing up the Japanese roster.

1 Like

Because the production team will not add these historical units to civ units, they can only think of another way to make them appear in the game even though they are not mercenaries

1 Like

Yes. Some units like harquebusier or chasseur a cheval (“mounted rifleman”) should be directly added to the civs if the civs are designed in 2020. But now that those civs and the generic unit system are already very well established, this is probably the best way to include them.

Also the designs of AOE series could not really distinguish “unique units” and “elite units” as all your regular units eventually upgrade into some sort of mass-produced elite units.

1 Like

Disciples are shock infantry so I really don’t like the idea of giving them a polearm. That would make them too easy to confuse with pikemen units.

Ideally, the Shaolin stuff like monks and disciples should be limited to the Shaolin Temple, not the theme of the Chinese hero. It would be great to toss out the monk hero theme and give China some different units like Confucian Scholars for healers and a Prince/General for a hero.

1 Like

They really did a horrendous job of implementing this unit. Chasseur is a great name yet they decided to call it “mounted rifleman”!? It’s also the ideal unit to showcase the dismounting mechanic, but they also ignored that. And its role is just plain bad. It looks just like a light cavalry unit but it functions in the exact opposite way. It actually hard counters light infantry while being bad against heavy cavalry.

Fair enough, then a staff would be better and the animations would have to be unique to not be confused with pikes.

1 Like