Assuming only 10 civs in aoe4, what should they be?

Let’s assume Aoe4 only has 10 Civs for a simplistic design like most other modern RTS nowadays. So what should those civilizations be?
What are the most important 10 civilizations from medieval era that need to be there in aoe4?
We already have British and Mongols in game as revealed by trailer, so what should be the others in your opinion?

11 Likes

French, Germans, Arabs, Persians, Turks, Indians, Chinese, Japanese, Khmers, Rus, Greeks, Italians, Spanish

20 Likes

French, generic HRE, generic muslim, generic norse, generic slav, east rome/byzatines, generic italian. Maybe some generic asian. This with generic horde (mongols) and britons hit the 10 mark.

1 Like

I think 1 slot will be for an American civ. Since it’s going to be more accurate I think it would be the Incas, since they at least had a period of resistance after getting conquered.

5 Likes

Something’s telling me that they will put the Americas into a dlc or expansion

Europe:
1.Frenchs
2.Germans
3.Englishs
4.Turks
5.Byzantines(or Greeks)
6.Spanishs
7.Russians(or Slavs)
8.Mongols

Africa&Middle East
9.Arabs

America:
10.Incas

DLC’s

Asia:
11.Chineses
12.Japaneses
13.Indians

Barbarians:
14.Goths
15.Vikings
16.Huns etc.

Americas:
(maybe)
16.Aztecs
17.Mayans
18.and maybe a north america tribe

Well,i think american tribes are probably unnecessary.Similar to aoe2 make a game with 9-10 civs then release dlc s.BUT don’t make 35 civs,15 civs enough.

5 Likes

I think we’ll see something for these ‘nations’ around that time:

English, French and Spanish for Europeans
Mongols, Chinese and Indians (Indian subcontinent) for Asia.

Leaving four more.

Ottomans and Byzantines seems super easy/obvious because you can create a campaign around it.

Down to two.

Maybe an Americas civilization like the Aztecs.
Maybe an African civilization?

But I could easily see it being another European civilization, another Asian civilization.

7 Likes

But the mongols are already confirmed in the game…

1 Like

romanos, griegos, nordicos, libios, tailandeses, sudafricanos, celtas, e indonesios.

As long as I see a Greek civilization I don’t mind what else they add to it.

2 Likes

Ah yes,sorry i fixed it

As long as i see a turk civ i don’t mind what else they add to it
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

French
Sikh or Rajput kingdoms
Mughal Empire (distinct from the above)
Japanese
Chinese
Saracens
Byzantine

4 Likes

I’m going with French, East India, Japan, Greek, Egyptian, Turk, American, and African

I think this will be the most comprehensive list of civilizations that can represent the world. Each civilization in the list is completely different culturally from different corners of the world:

• Chinese

• Indians

• Mongols

• Greeks

• Brits

• Slavs

• Arabs

• Bantu

• Aztecs

• Inca

8 Likes

This would be ok. I could live with this lineup.

3 Likes

Except that neither English nor the Mongols are in this list, who are the only certain ones.

3 Likes

England, Mongols, Malians, Aztec, Chinese, Japanese, Germans, Byzantines, Arabs, Slavs.

Reasoning: Assuming AOE IV fulfills his promise of civs being way more different, the civs have to be culturally distinct yet still recognizable. This is why I picked some prominent civs in various world regions so that there’s quite a lot design space available.

4 Likes

Indians and Khmers would need to be int his group too then.

2 Likes

good but…turks?we don’t need another meso-american civ(to me:D )

3 Likes