August 2017 Contest

Please post your entries below. Note that this thread will lock at 5:00 PM PDT on August 30th, 2017.

The full blog post, with a link to the official rules, can be found here.

HOW TO WIN 1VS8

First Step

Just make them chase a villager of yours in a lake where you have a dock to build a transport boat
(at least 1 unit of each of the enemies)

Second Step

Boooooard! They will stay there to watch you travelling, moved that they missed you…ooooh so cute enemies…

Hi everyone, this is a recreation of my (stupid :stuck_out_tongue: ) strategy to make the enemies weaker. Those days I could easily beat more than 4 hardest alltogether… now though… Thats why I made the recreation with the editor.
The steps are simple. Make them all follow 1 of your units. Board the unit in a transport ship. Watch them watch you, repeat. They lose many population points, their military is weaker and no use for their rescourses.
Pathetic? Naaah. Thats strategy to win. Noone blamed the great Generals of the past for deception :smiley:

PS This was available only in terrain maps. If they had war ships… you’ d watch them kill you :stuck_out_tongue:

@StolidLake37319 said:
HOW TO WIN 1VS8

First Step

Just make them chase a villager of yours in a lake where you have a dock to build a transport boat

Second Step

Boooooard! They will stay there to watch you travelling, moved that they missed you…ooooh so cute enemies…

Hi everyone, this is a recreation of my (stupid :stuck_out_tongue: ) strategy to make the enemies weaker. Those days I could easily beat more than 4 hardest alltogether… now though… Thats why I made the recreation with the editor.
The steps are simple. Make them all follow 1 of your units. Board the unit in a transport ship. Watch them watch you, repeat. They lose many population points, their military is weaker and no use for their rescourses.
Pathetic? Naaah. Thats strategy to win. Noone blamed the great Generals of the past for deception :smiley:

PS This was available only in terrain maps. If they had war ships… you’ d watch them kill you :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi there, @StolidLake37319,
I noticed that your submission does not meet this month’s theme. Please post a new submission based on this:

On to this months contest! I don’t know about all of you, but generally when I play AoE my towns end up a bit of a jumbled mess in my rush to get things up and running, and they are probably no fun at all for my villagers to live in. That’s why for this months contest we’d like you to build a town in any AoE game that you would actually like to live in! It can be anything from a sprawling kingdom, to a cute little hamlet, just have fun with it!

If you don’t do it by 5:00 PM PDT on August 30th, 2017, you will not be able to win this month’s contest.

Remember it’s build/draw a beautiful town based on Age of Empires game, and no longer your fondest memory :wink:

Hello Everyone!

I present to you my town created in AoE 2 HD. I chose the Italian faction because the architectonic art and the special units are my favourite.

I attach some pictures of my city.

The army prepare for the battle.

The villagers have a place to cultivate.

Free education for all the villagers of my town =). Its not an utopia

My favourite units (Legionaries of AoE1 and Genovese Crossbowman of AoE 2 Forgotten)

The market of the city; gorgeous and cheapy

Thank you for you attention and hasta luego.

@“Ahmad Ali Karim” said:

@StolidLake37319 said:
HOW TO WIN 1VS8

First Step

Second Step

Hi there, @StolidLake37319,
I noticed that your submission does not meet this month’s theme. Please post a new submission based on this:

On to this months contest! I don’t know about all of you, but generally when I play AoE my towns end up a bit of a jumbled mess in my rush to get things up and running, and they are probably no fun at all for my villagers to live in. That’s why for this months contest we’d like you to build a town in any AoE game that you would actually like to live in! It can be anything from a sprawling kingdom, to a cute little hamlet, just have fun with it!

If you don’t do it by 5:00 PM PDT on August 30th, 2017, you will not be able to win this month’s contest.

Ahmad Ali Karim is correct, this is unfortunately for last months contest theme, and if you’d like to be considered for this month you will have to submit something else. I do like your strategy though:)

Constantinople
Hagia Sophia

Land wall

Sea wall

(I’m very sorry if it’s hard to understand my question, so I’ll have the simplified and straight-to-the-point part at the end)
Hi, @jennywaboom ,
I’m just wondering about the rules and all, does the four months cooldown period still uses the terms system? In December 2014, @“Andy P” said that if I join at the end of a term, I can join the next one even though it’s not four months yet. Does this still apply to the contest now? Since the contest started on April, it means that August is the start of the second term, and so the first term (April-July) is over and I joined and won the June contest which is in the first term.
So can I join this one?

Andy said:

This is a matter of contractual interpretation. Fortunately for everyone, the courts in the State of Washington (under whose laws control) have provided us with guidance. “Language that is clear on its face does not need construction.” Cerrillo v. Esparza, 158 Wn.2d 194, 201, 142 P.3d 155 (2006). However, “[a]mbiguities are construed against the drafter of the contract.”

Rouse v. Glascam Builders, Inc., 101 Wn.2d 127, 135, 677 P.2d 125 (1984). Therefore, so long as an interpretation of that language is reasonable, it is binding.

Here, the operative language is: “Limit one prize per person within four Monthly Prize Periods.”

These rules took effect in April. Since then, there have been 8 monthly prizes. Thus, there have been 2 terms of four monthly prize periods. December starts the third term. Accordingly, everyone is eligible to win one prize this term, whether in December, January, February, or March.

Right so to simplify things, what I mean is since August is the start of a new term for WW, can I join this month’s contest since the first term ended already and according to Andy P, the four month cooldown period comes in a term form.

Again, sorry if it’s hard to understand, if you don’t understand anything please tell…

My interpretation of the rules was not necessarily correct. I have no idea how Microsoft interprets their own rules, but their interpretation is the only one that matters.

Well since I there is no reply yet, I think I’ll just post my submission, just in case Microsoft interprets the rules like Andy. So if they don’t then it’ll just be a void submission which I don’t really mind…

KAMPUNG SUNGAI HUJUNG

ABOVE: The Kampung Sungai Hujung Village

ABOVE: The Sungai Hujung River
(I have my Malaccan Era mod installed so some buildings look different and this is already in Imperial Age)

This is a fictional place, with the name based on an existing place’s name, Sungei Ujong, Seremban.

When I was younger I always created walled cities like this and I wanted to live there. Byzantine City center

Tight security was always a thing to go for

Farming outside a walls to keep hunger at bay :smiley:

Here is my town:

The knights prepare to cross the bridge to patrol the countryside while villagers are hard at work outside the town walls.

Here we see the town centre with the cathedral and the busy marketplace.

In the citadel, soldiers train to keep the town safe.

–Brynn

Hear is my little village

That’s my residential area

And that’s my industrial/military area

(i just started a new game)

My town: a renaissance city (could be Florence or Venice) using Catbarf mods.

I have always wanted to live in a indigenous colony, because I think people without guns and cars and resources and borders live happily and teach us what it means to survive. My colony here is probably the best representation of what I’ve in my mind.

My entire town, The Blue king has set up his war camp next to a small hamlet preparing to attack the Reds city.
The Blue king with his guards, Supplies coming in from the hamlet.
Red arches at the walls, Red king is ready for a charge if neccesary.
South of the warcamp a group of barbarians has taken over a island outpost.
At the hamlets church a Red heathen is converted.
Regular hustle and bustle of the town, the hamlets lord visites a grave.
North of the war camp is a trading port and lumberjacks are working.

It might not be very appealing to most living so close to war but I think it would be pretty exiting and interesting, Perhaps I would be a barbarian or soldier. Anyways hope you liked it, i spend many a hour compiling all the screenshots in Paint. God bless Paint.

Back in 2012 I designed some kind of huge “citadel city” for a story I was writing. It is the capital of the empire where the story begins, a 3 layer walled settlement, with the imperial palace next to a mountain and surrounded by the rest of the city.
Inside the city there are services buildings and a lot of houses. Ready for standing a long siege, defended by thousands of soldiers and having both, a walled port and a powerful fleet, the capital is the strongest city of the empire.

Recreating it with AoE II buildings took a lot of time.

Screenshots:
Imperial palace:

Commerce zone:

Soldier training complex

Aqueduct

City east commerce zone

Fleet docks

Housing areas:

EXTRA
Scenario (no editable) download:
Download

Hello, This is a prototype of my real town merged with the AOE game world along with some additional aspects which makes it my dream town. My town was divided as follows:

• The Palace: it is the kind of place that i dream to live in. it is made of four castles surrounded by walls and gates.

• Army structures: it is the place where the soldiers train. it has stables, barracks, archery and siege workshops. Moreover, all units are led by the chief of the army.

• Citizen’s Houses: This is where citizens live. It has small/big houses.

• Farms and Animal Barns: It is used by villagers to gather food from farms or from animals that kept in the barns.

• Markets and Blacksmiths: Markets are used so that villagers can buy things or trade. As for the blacksmiths, it is used to upgrade the army weapons.

• Beach and Port: The port is an essential part of the town where trades take place. Moreover, the beach can be used by villagers for swimming or fishing.

My favourite City for settling:

**ROMAN METROPOLIS:** Some 4 Years ago I designed this City to have a good perspective of a Roman City, I love the Roads that lead to the Aqueduct, Amphitheater, Pool, bath, houses and military buildings that are well organized so it can be a comfortable place to live for my villagers, soldiers, merchants, and allies. :wink: ![](/uploads/editor/1f/3y7sfa0uese6.jpg "")

A a closer Look to the main sqaure of the city with the Colliseum on the center.

And here is the Roman bathhouse

Hamlet of Ael

Even though I like mighty empires, huge cities and impenetrable fortresses, after the stress (and the glory) of a long campaign I do enjoy the peaceful life of Ael.

Ael is a small hamlet sitting between mountains.
Build around a robust town center, the hamlet counts only a few dozens inhabitants (which are not all present here, you should also imagine kids running all around and old people talking about good old times on a bench by the river…).

Ael’s people have everything they need here…

Even a blacksmith near the river as well as some military to defends themselves if needed.