August PUP - Update 66692 Aug 29

Tbf they’re still both very very different civs.

It’s like saying slavs and Celts are similar for siege and infantry bonuses

Burmese rarely touch the archery range, Bengali 100% rely on it

Bengali monks are tough but can’t tech remotely as easily as Burmese can

But most importantly, Bengali don’t have the infantry that Burmese have to defend siege. This is the main difference imo. Bad champ line, mediocre pikes

Which imo makes Bengali the better candidate for a siege buff without being oppressive

1 Like

I know. But people are more judgmental on BE civs than non-BE civs.

JokerPenguin will get a Penguin in a joke balance change patch.

Maybe EA + monk + mango behind will be a legit strategy, not a meme. At least in Arena. Even in Arabia, monk is pretty good against cavalry and camel. 3 Bengalis monks will kill 6 camels for sure.

1 Like

Definitely going to try this .

I think knights might still be able to out mass this. And much easier micro on their part. But going to give it a try.

EA just have such terribad dps for that cost though

The reason some people are having huge download sizes is because most of the game’s graphics will be replaced with a more modern efficient format.

And it will result in smaller size of game folder. For game with UHD graphics, it will occupy 20 GBs less than before. And game without UHD will occupy 5 GBs less than before.

Was explained by one of the FE devs in a modding discord

20 Likes

The new knight and man at arm skon may be actually usable

1 Like

The October 2022 string events seem to have been done in past events. Not new.

“Earn a mod that replaces Knights with a penguin riding a polar bear”

… good stuff :smiley:

3 Likes

The penguin, the Snow-Man-at-Arms, the polar knight, the eagle with icicles… A Rise of Antarctica expansion sounds plausible now lol…

4 Likes

Nonsensical graphics. Why don’t they actually add useful graphics like wingless hussars and new skins of monks.

3 Likes

The new value IS intentional, but now the more sheeps you garrison in a single mill, the less food that mill generate per sheep.
I did some tests with the new values :

~7 food/minute for 1 sheep
~12 food/minute for 2 sheeps garrisonned inside a single mill
~16 food/minute for 3 sheeps garrisonned inside a single mill
~19 food/minute for 4 sheeps garrisonned inside a single mill
~22 food/minute for 5 sheeps garrisonned inside a single mill
~24 food/minute for 6 sheeps garrisonned inside a single mill
~26 food/minute for 7 sheeps garrisonned inside a single mill
~28 food/minute for 8 sheeps garrisonned inside a single mill
~30 food/minute for 9 sheeps garrisonned inside a single mill
~31 food/minute for 10 sheeps garrisonned inside a single mill

~56 food/minute for 8 sheeps garrisonned inside 8 different mills

EDIT : added more values

8 Likes

Damage per minute against building
Castle Age
Battering Ram 1500
Bengalis without Paik, Dravidians, Hindustanis Armored Elephant 1500
Cuman Capped Ram 1800 (cost 300 food to upgrade)
Bengalis Armored Elephant with Paik 1800 (cost a castle and 375 wood, 275 gold)
Celts Battering Ram 1875
Gurjaras Armored Elephant 2100 (Zero investment)

Imperial Age
Capped Ram without SE 1800 (cost 300 food)
Dravidians Siege Elephant 2100 (cost 650 food)
Capped Ram with SE 2160 (cost 800 food, 600 wood)
Siege Ram without SE 2400 (cost 1300 food)
Hindustanis Siege Elephant 2520 (cost 1150 food, 600 wood)
Siege Ram with SE 2880 (cost 1800 food, 600 wood)
Gurjaras Siege Elephant 2940 (cost 650 food)
Celts Siege Ram without SE 3000 ((cost 1300 food)
Bengalis Siege Elephant with Paik 3024 (cost a castle and 650 food, 375 wood, 275 gold)
Celts Siege Ram with SE 3600 (cost 1800 food, 600 wood)

4 Likes

Bruh, people have been asking for the Crusader skin for ages (well, since they became a thing).

But also, penguin riding a polar bear is something I didn’t know I needed. There’s also some changes to fit regional identity with the mesoamerican M@A flair.

Slightly disappointed the skin mods for the last event are old mods, I thought you could get them already even if you missed the events, but whatever.

I would also love regional monks, but I wouldn’t be surprised if that’d come similarly to how new trade carts came - without any event mods, but just with an update.

5 Likes

Dravidians and Bengalis are also nerfed. They are hit by the Archer nerf. 3/3 armor will not do anything on open maps, while on closed maps Bengalis will be a great civ.

Dravidians will have decent lategame, like average. They will still really struggle in Castle Age.

1 Like

wrong, Hauberk is virtually a non-issue in majority of games, it’s not like most games go to post-Imp. Sicilian Knights AND Light Cav tanking Pikeman so well though, allow for a very easy 1 TC Castle Age all-in. The normal counter would be Monks into Pikes, too bad you need A LOT of Pikemen to beat this flood (unfeasible amount).

Elephant Archers might actually be a rly solid option in Imp actually, they are already good vs Knights and now they are better vs Skirms, a lot of cav civs lack last armor for Skirms, too.

In fact I am not sure how most civs will beat them once the Indian player gets EA mass. It looks like Skirmishers will be good only if your civ gets FU, while cav, even early Burgundian Paladin or Sicilian Hauberk Cavalier probably won’t do much.

they have faster firing Skirms, FU Crossbows and a very easy Pike transition. Dravidians were always fine in Castle Age, it was Imp where they were weak.

1 Like

The Crusader skin could be added easily via mods as its graphics already existed in the game. What we need is more graphical assets for the game as its not easy for modders to make custom skins for this game of the right graphical quality without access to the original game sprite graphic files that the devs have. Hence the devs should take the lead on this.

Wingless hussars look ugly af tho

3 Likes

A bit unfair to Sicilians, as cavalier is the only borderline broken thing they had. Now all their other units suffer.

I think these 2 civs just need to forget archer and play EA. That’s the idea behind it.
Also I have a feeling that Bengalis Siege Elephant will be OP in some situation.

I’m about to do the math to compare old vs new.

Now it will be opposite due to xbow nerf.

1 Like

War wagon nerf
-1 cav archer armor class

6 Likes

So when are they buffing koreans elsewhere?

7 Likes