Autosplit option

It came up that @SanguineSeal278 thought Autosplit was an interesting idea.

It’s not one that I would like to have, but it is worth discussing. Should we have the option to toggle our units to Autosplit when they see the enemy?

I am thinking that it takes away the players experience to do so and should not be added.

1 Like

+1 to this. Dodging enemy mangonel shot is really hard.

2 Likes

im gonna do a favor to 90% of the age of empires 2 community and just leave the next paragraph as our united answer to this suggestion:

10 Likes

I don’t think it is really that interesting to discuss. It was simply an example to prove a point in another discussion.

The idea is just terrible. Right now every move your units do is in your control besides some stance stuff. There is already so little cool mircomanagement you can do and Autosplit would take one of the more interesting ones away. So yeah, hard pass on that one.

1 Like

Of course it’s a bad idea. So, why keep bringing it up?

1 Like

Idk. You created the toppic. Why did you did it? Not every idea should be discussed.

1 Like

Autosplit was used as an example in a discussion. Someone said the example sucks so I proved the point by fleshing it out. At no point did I want to start a discussion or anything about this.

1 Like

Close this topic, and kill it with fire

3 Likes

I created this topic because it was being discussed by @SanguineSeal278. Maybe @anon63664082 can move his remarks to this thread instead.

Personal, I don’t think just because some people disagree with him, that the topic should be shut down.

1 Like

@TriRem stated the Idea. @SanguineSeal278 elaborated it.

1 Like

stop the cyber bullying man xD
he did not mean auto-split is an interesting idea
this is how the discussion went down and you already know it. but im gonna show it to others so you might stop bullying someone who doesnt agree with you

as you can see prokmanl said what triRem mentioned has no real example. so @SanguineSeal278 just gave an example of altho the idea being poor and bad for the game, it can work
and this is his original comment about the AQ and how he is against it. which i think thats why it triggered you when he compared auto queue with auto splitting and you started calling him out

1 Like

none of them stated the idea as if it should be added to the game lol. stop calling out people for no reason ffs xD both of them wanted to show you how bad auto-queue will impact the game by comparing it to auto-split
seriously, stop making the people who are against your ideas look bad. its just pathetic at this point

2 Likes

I just stated the fact. That’s all.

1 Like

No cyber bullying is going on, I am just trying to give the idea some space, so it doesn’t detract from other topics.

Just trying to be a good forum citizen.

Please do not engage in trolling and be respectful to other forum users per the forum code of conduct. I’m closing this topic because the feature suggestion was not a serious one.

4 Likes