Aztec Warrior Priests are not starting "dancing" automatically

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: Hotfix 39346 (but issue is present since Definitive Edition release)
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Issue can be observed while playing as the Aztec and using Community Plaza’s Holy Ceremony (for spawning Warrior Priests). If spawning point from Community Plaza is set in the middle of Community Plaza Warrior Priests should “dance” automatically after being spawned.

Usually it works. But quite often they stand idle just next to Community Plaza doing nothing. It is really painful and distracting to check every time WP is spawned to see if he was willing to come inside or not (and move him manually if not).

This is common knowledge that this feature sometimes doesn’t work. Aussie_Drongo in one of his videos even advised to not use spawning point and manually move every WP inside Community Plaza. I don’t think this is acceptable. If some mechanics is implemented in the game it should works correctly every time.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 33% of the time / matches I play (SOMETIMES)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play any game as the Aztec civilization
  2. In II Age use Holy Ceremony and set spawn point inside Community Plaza
  3. Check if newly spawned Warrior Priests automatically starts to “dance”. Make a few attempts.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

If spawning point is located inside the Community Plaza every WP should automatically be tasked to “dance”. No action from players should be needed.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

First spawned WP didn’t go inside Community Plaza automatically, neglecting his spawning point (4:18 game time). I moved him manually inside. Then I set target point again into Plaza. Following WP were spawned correctly.

Aztec_CommunityPlaza_WP_issue.age3Yrec (4.5 MB)

Please, fix this issue. This one is really annoying. And it is present in the game since the release.

4 Likes

Ever since I have played aoe3… the priests have NEVER gone to the fire pit / community Plaza automatically.

It would be a nice thing though…

@ColtWolf1318
They did it on Warchiefs, then devs removed it in TAD for no reason

It is the opposite for me. I always have priests automatically start dancing. I have never had that bug. Both in TAD and DE.

Hi devs, can I ask you to track this issue?

2 Likes

Hi guys, we are aware of inconsistencies with spawning Priests and them (not)automatically starting to dance.

2 Likes

Other month and this keeps happening😞
Please devs save some minutes for older civs

1 Like

I also experienced this bug yesterday once or twice.
It still happens very often :unamused:

Hi guys,

Thanks, this is still tracked!

1 Like

Someone has tried it in the February PUP??

Hi @Ippert and ##############
Sorry for being annoying but can we please increase priority of fix for that bug? I was playing a lot of Aztec games recently and this bug is present in almost every one of them. Very irritating one.

Edit: Apparently I can’t use your nickname Mr./Mrs. Iko…
Censorship is crazy :wink: