Background music is missing after loading a save file from the campaign and maybe also from scenarios and other saves?

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• **BUILD #: all builds
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

Here is the problem I’m experiencing: After I saved a game from a campaign level and reopened it to continue, I realized that the background music is missing after playing a campaign level further through a save. Has anyone of you here encounter the same issues?

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Open a level from any campaign game
  2. Save if it and close this level to come to the game menu or completely close the entire game
  3. Open the save from just now

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:question: What was supposed to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

It should normally play the background music.

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

:question: What actually happened (what went wrong) because of the issue you’re reporting?

A good part of the game is missing without the background music!

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

It happens on every save game, just try it out for yourself. None of the previous updates fixed it, including update 6847.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

PS: Sorry if I wrote something wrong or so, I’m new to this forum :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This issue is being tracked, thanks for your report!

1 Like

Do you have any news regarding this topic. I noticed as well that the background music stopps playing or even didn’t start to play.

As much as I remember it has been always been a problem since the release of original AoE3. Of course one could have guessed when they release AoE2DE they would fix such errors.

Hm, I don’t agree. In my memories the music alway was available. But yeah, it is already some months ago since I played AOE 3 the last time… :slight_smile:

Do you have any idea whether or not this bug will be fixed?

it will likley be submited with the next patch

1 Like

What happened to this patch? The music still isn’t working. Will it ever work in AOE 3 DE? In the official notes the problem never is mentioned. :frowning:

2 Likes

likly doesnt mean it has been patched, wait for next one.

I have this issue, too. Every time I click Continue from the main menu, or load a saved game, there is no music playing. I hope this will be fixed quickly. I will probably not continue playing the game until it’s fixed. Playing without music isn’t as fun.

1 Like

I just noticed this thread is 3 years old. How does such a huge bug not get fixed in 3 years, especially after the dev said they were tracking the issue?

Is this bug ever going to be fixed? It’s awful.

1 Like

Open a new bug report please :slight_smile: