Balance changes from July Update guys!

I’m also a bit worried but overall I’m very happy

In that case the only thing i can think it would be noticeable is for transtitioning into archers after. m@a opening.

Or transitioning into skirms after scout rush

1 Like

oh don’t get me wrong, i am very happy melee pathing is fixed. i’m just a bit worried overall.

1 Like

That’s false. Italians are versatile enough that you unless you play at a level where your opponent can abuse a top tier civ’s bonuses, you can’t blame it on the civ win.

Sounds logical to me that someone will always end up in the bottom. As long as there is a not too niche reason to play the civ (in this case, water) it’s fine.

These two lines go so well together 11 It might be a good justification to buff GC indeed if cav get better too.

At first I legit thought it was a reference to the hackers who gave themselves Gengis Khan in ranked 11

As Korean, you DON’T want to make CA tho

2 Likes

yeah, war wagons are much better

1 Like

War wagons are op as f. Tbh I don’t mind since koreans don’t really have anything else to go for, but maybe now they got more versatile.

1 Like

i can’t wait to see cheap as crap korean water battles to be honest.
20% wood discount to ships + 20% from shipwright.

1 Like

Also portuguese buff affects their water game.

Is water meta starting to shift?

2 Likes

here is hoping. tired of Italians Vs Vikings.
give me some more water civs.

1 Like

But at least the devs are very willing to listen to player’s feedback. They are on the track on buffing Italians. It is unlikely to give a huge boost in a single patch as they have to evaluate the effect on meta. So dont get disappointed and see if Italians really needs other buff.

1 Like

Big question: Do all civs needs to be viable at all maps?
If so: I dont think we will ever get there without making all civ more generic.

I am OK with some civ having their own niche in which they excel.

Thinks like Italians for water maps, Turks for closed maps (probably even for closed team games), …

They have. Vikings are good at both land and water. While italians are pretty bad at land maps.

2 Likes

In general the game has a reference as arabia. So all civs should be decent at least in arabia.

Then a civ can be specialized in a map.

But I hope Italians and Turks will become decent

the opinion of the forums seems to be that everyone should be balanced around arabia, and its okay if certain civs specialize in other maps outside of that.

i don’t think we will ever achieve 100% perfect balance on arabia, but we can certainly deal with the outliers and at least get everyone between 47-53%.

1 Like

There is no denying Vikings are better than Italian on land, but it’s not like they are god-like either, and they do have their own share of weaknesses as well.

None wants Italians/Turks top pick in arabia. Just decent :slight_smile:

Currently they sound too bad, but with some small fix they will be fine

1 Like

honestly after we get to the point where every civ is at least viable, i hope that every so often they do a shake up the meta balance patch where they nerf the civs that have dominated the past so long and buff the ones who don’t appear.

its a fairly forced way to see diversity in tournaments and top tier play, but at the same time, i would like to think people would get sick of seeing the same civs in tournaments

1 Like

I do hope the same.

Actually, the two things could be done in parallel but it is more complicated.

For instance I proposed in the past:

• mayans get cheaper plumes (40w,g as base cost)
  • mayans loose cheap archers
  • italians get cheap archers

Still it is very difficult to implement something similar for all the top civs… So I would give something small to the 2 weak civs as start.

i wouldn’t just cycle around civ bonuses to make a new civ the new mayans.

but imagine if we nerfed mayans resource bonus to 10% and cheaper archers by to 10/15/20 for a couple months.

1 Like

I would explain the no buff to Turks, they are one of the strongest civ on Arena. Any buff would make them even stronger on Arena.

Leitis don’t get nerf because a lot of people are against a nerf due they love to play with Leitis, I think.