Balance's suggestions for the next patch

Like i said in another thread that kind of bonus is not helpful to how you want the civ to play out.

Food 45% dark, 35% feudal, 25%castle, and 25% imp would be better and keep the idea of the civ. I honestly don’t think the current bonus is that bad. It lets the civ do what it wants. I would change flemish revolution to every you can only get 160 flem from 200 vills. The problem isnt the revolution itself it will be the vills followed closely by bbc. The bluk makes it hard to get to the bbc.

1 Like

I agree. Reverse discount seems interesting even that 45% in dark still strong but it is better to stay at this stupid 50% from the start until the end.

The idea is it will allow for a reasonable up time and still let you get your upgrades. The problem in dark is the large food cost of the upgrade. you have a slightly slower dark age but it will make a difference going up. That drop in rate makes quite the difference too. Lets say you get bitaxe in dark but skip horse collar to go up earlier and get scouts out. You are now behind on you possible bonus. Seems kinda fair. You still get to hit your power spikes but instead of being able to wait till the end to get all bonuses you need to pick them up to get the advantages.

1 Like

Their strongest power will be feudal/early-castle or even the whole castle age, this will be the biggest difference.

That i agree. Caviler does do much better then knight with bl but you save in cost and time which allow you to start a numbers game. But if you cant end it before post imp its an extreme up hill battle.

18 civs have fully upgraded hussars or better. 18 civs have fully upgraded halbs or better. Burgundians won’t hold up nearly as well as a civ like Bulgarians or malians in the late game.

Malians have one of the most useless lategame.

Their light cavalry certainly hold up better then Burgundians hussar will.

As I said your argument is useless with saying no gold. It is very rare to see, any if the gold run out the one who have the advantage is Burgundians with their farms.

So with their whole 60 gold a minute they can produce what with to offset their lackluster hussars?

Worst Siege Rams possible
No Halbs
Useless Skirmishers

And I’d still rather have them over burgundians without gold. Very telling isn’t it?

I’d rather have Burgundians, because they have better trash units.

Burgundians have the advantage with their early eco and discounts and with their 2 goldy UTs too, so literally your argument is useless at any stage in the game.

1 Like

Pfff
Second Best Cavaliers, Powerful Camels, Gunpowder, their UU is all that throwing axeman wants to be, Champions and pikes up to 7 PA…
You clearly seems to play them at decent level 11

How? They win in halbs. That’s it. Both have skirms lacking either armor or attack but malians have bloodlines and extra attack on their light cavalry.

Were talking about when gold runs out.

I’m talking strictly when gold runs out man. When you have no gold which civ is better? Malians.

Skirmishers with Bracer>>>Skirmisher with Armor
Halbs>Any kind of Pikeman
Hussars still have more almost as many HP as Light Cav and it is very cheap
Much more gold, with UTs

Clearly much higher level than you

Burgundians

1 Like

Many civs have no adv with no gold so what is the new here?!

1 Like