Become an Age Insider for a Chance to Be Part of History!

I dont understand this action either… :thinking:

2 Likes

i’m checking my mail every ■■■■■■■ day for closed beta i get tired :frowning: now you say its out soon ? :cry:

2 Likes

is it clear you want delay the game to 2022 sadly … :sob:

1 Like

Relic is known since DoW3 to not engage with the community at all.

why though? they will surely inform us here if beta invites are out. And I doubr that will be before we know about how the last 2 nations play^^

1 Like

Relic developers, the game, like this site with a forum, is owned by Microsoft, and I would not blame them for not communicating with the community, they have a control group, really smart and important forum suggestions are noticed. Sorry Microsoft for not paying attention to thoughtful topics like “I’m tired of waiting for the beta test”, “I want the trees to grow in real time”, “I don’t like that the armor does not shine in the sun”, or do you think that every post forum should receive the attention of an official representative? No, you are not special, the developers have a control group from the community for regular advice, it is obvious that these are the most useful people you could choose, if you are not in this group then you are not so significant and useful.

3 Likes

Dude, Microsoft is not in charge of Relic’s community management lol. They never answered any question/worries/requests about DoW from the community, and literally gave up on the game and all its future content because the community didn’t like it.

What does DoW have to do with it? It was published by SEGA and THQ.

2 Likes

got me excited for a second D:

2 Likes

What we care about is the exact time of the internal test…

2 Likes

The publisher is not in charge of the game’s community management and feedback exchange, the dev studio is, which is Relic for both AoE4 and DoW3. And they showed how little they care about community feedback or fixing a game post launch with DoW3. History repeats itself.
Anyway, I was just replying to those who are surprised about how this post was handled.
Random announcement is pinned → community reacts to it and asks questions → No answer → Post is unpinned and abandonned. Classic Relic.

5 Likes

but the point of the post (as its in age 4 forum section) obviously was to make ppl know that they need to register as age insiders to get the beta.
We git a mail previously, which reached newsletter users. We got The fan preview and E3 stream which reached their audience.
And here we got the info for all the (abeit probably few) forum only ppl who didnt get the info yet.
The post was pinned long enough to be seen. so it gets unpinned.
Of course in a post informing about something that gets capered by OT, noone would answer to any feedback.

1 Like

There was no information given then they were working on it which is great i am happy they are and I am sure they are doing a great job. But there is a break down of communication along the the chain and it is making it difficult to take them seriously. Their PR is less than perfect. If they were not ready for a fan preview or the game was not ready for a beta then the word soon should not have used not ever. It was maybe to far out for a preview. I hope they learn from it going forward.

2 Likes

Why was the post unpinned?

Do not say this to anyone else, you will find yourself in an awkward position. The publisher is responsible as the second party of the trade offer (the second party is the buyer) is responsible for the quality; he is fully responsible for the quality of the product he sells, as well as the publisher has all the obligations for advertising the product, its promotion, public relations and press, and community. Bad publisher work is even more destructive than the laziness of the developer studio. To make it completely clear, imagine a boat, so the developer is only the rower of this very boat, little can depend on him if the captain is crazy. I advise you not to draw certain conclusions without understanding how what you are talking about works.

5 Likes

probably because it did reach enough ppl?

1 Like

Estoy muy emocionado. Ojalà pueda ser escogido para formar parte de la beta

Any chance you guys will come up with aa Civil War gambased on the Age of Empires system? Thanks

I’m crying with anticipation… :sob:

1 Like

Company of Heroes 3 give a pre-alpha test on steam, Now when is AOE4? :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes