Best Jack of all trades civ?

Why not Khmer?

very versatile tech tree, can pretty much do anything

no really apparent weaknesses apart from missing the bombard cannon.

Teutons (20charlimito)

jack of all trades. teutons. where is there archers again?

1 Like

Well, their infantry is weak and archers lack Thumb Ring. Not a typical jack of all trades civ.

1 Like

Factoring in their eco bonus this isnā€™t crucial, imo. You still get halb, arbs can work as early imp opener if needed and thumb ring isnā€™t that important for skirms. Apart from that one of the best stables, great siege despite losing bbc, decent monks. Although there are civs that have a bit more versatility (Italians or Byzantines) if the op question is which of the civs that count as versatile are the strongest, Khmer should belong there.

Donā€™t think you can call a civ with underwhelming archers and no light cav versatile.

1 Like

Iā€™d probably say Byzantines, they have a lot of options and an open tech tree.

I say teutons because itā€™s what I specialize in and when used right they can take on almost any civ -

That being said - Incas - good archers, counters infantry with slingers, makes hell for teutons,
Kamyuks do really well against physical units, and theyā€™re the only civ other than the Teutons, britons and italians(DE only for a few reasons on italians) that can perform a proper healing fortress formation

1 Like

Teutons should destroy Incas on BF/Arena even without their very strong healing fortess formation.

1 Like

Full Tech Tree with your favourite architecture/in game sounds civilization (I donā€™t recommend unique units). It helps understand every unit and when you choose your favourite units you can select you non-full tech tree civilization. I wrote this because there is no perfect tech tree.

I want to mention Malians. Malians has every tech except Imperial Age techs. You can create whatever you want in Castle Age.

Depends on the skill level on both sides - slingers are a huge danger and can tear into the formation if not handled quickly, onagers help, as do palladins, but both of those can be countered at the right skill level - incas are able to tear into the teutons when used right, and the difficulty for the teutons to beat incas is increased when on equal skill level - incas may be the teuton counter, that doesnā€™t mean itā€™s impossible for teutons to win, however, itā€™s just allot harder

No love to the Malians? usable archers, deadly cavalry, armored infantry, good siege and entire techs in castle age, plus wood discount and free gold mining upgrade.

2 Likes

Siege Onagers+Infantry eat everything that Incas can do

1 Like

When it comes to spam, sure, incas will have trouble, but even that comes down to skill level - I refer to organized armies such as
20 teutonic knights, 20 palladins, 60(HF formation), and anything else added to that - Iā€™m mostly thinking of 1 vs 1 arabia

Why the hell would anyone go for that stuff on 1v1 arabia 11

1 Like

I do 11

Itā€™s fun and helps me improve defense-wise,
Combined with my defensive eco formations, of course

Iā€™m pretty sure I already asked you, but can you upload a rec of yours? Even an HD one would be fine.
No offense, but your army comp yells ā€œlow elo legendsā€

Sure, I have a few lying around - no internet at the house rn so Iā€™ll bring a few from discord over, one moment please - that being said, these arenā€™t one game says the whole story, every game is different, and my skill level varies from focused to less focused and sometimes moreso

MP_Replay_v5.8_2020.11.06_030931_1.aoe2record (2.4 MB)

MP_Replay_v5.8_2020.11.05_110309_5.aoe2record (1.6 MB)

MP_Replay_v5.8_2020.11.09_125240_1.aoe2record (2.0 MB)

MP_Replay_v5.8_2020.11.10_053856_1.aoe2record (389.0 KB)

Is this HD or DE? 20 characters

Those are the ones I have for now, will add more later when I can play online again

These are for HD